Please recommend a good digestive enzyme for a 33 mo old - x-posted - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-04-2012, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Long story short: My DD 33 months has lots of allergies and also doesn't absorb nutrients very well. Her GI doc also agrees. He suggested that maybe I would like to try a good digestive enzyme but didnt have a specific brand he could recommend.

Can someone recommend a really excellent brand that works really well for a 32-33 month old girl pleasE?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 01:14 PM

My DS had many food intolerances/digestive issues until recently (he seems to have "grown out" of them!). My pediatrician recommended a brand called ProThera/Klaire Labs. We used the Klaire Labs Vital-zymes chewable: www.protherainc.com/ . Since my DS was so young we crushed part of a tablet and gave it in milk, but your DD could chew them and should like the flavor. They are very allergen-free, and helped my son a lot. I think my ped gave us a code we needed to order, but I was able to order online. Good luck!

Kendra (30),  mum to ds fly-by-nursing1.gif(2/14/11), and one angel1.gif. Pregnant with my rainbow1284.gif due 6/10/13, it's a GIRL!!!
 novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpggoorganic.jpg

Old 03-12-2012, 10:32 PM

Flora makes an awesome Infant Formula (powder) under their Udo's Choice line -- the Children's is great but it comes in capsule form.  I would also strongly suggest the Bio-K line, which is a drinkable probiotic -- I have used it and given it to my kids.  My SIL also used it topically to treat thrush.

Tags
Nutrition Good Eating
User Tag List