Best juicer - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-09-2012, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone.

I'd like to start making my own juices and green smoothies. I plan to add a lot of leafy greens, so I need something sturdy that won't clog with all of the fiber.

I'm not concerned about the cost (within reason, of course...I don't need a $1000 juicer).

Recs would be appreciated. Tell me what you like or don't like about yours.

Thanks. :)

Lytorre, wife to one wonderful man. Mommy to two naturally-birthed, rough-and-tumble little men.

#2 of 8 Old 04-09-2012, 06:12 PM

We LOVE our Blendtec Blender for green smoothies, homemade hummus, soups, applesauce, etc. I would HIGHLY recommend a good quality blender, like a Blendtec or a Vitamix for green smoothies. We also do whole juices, like carrot/apple/kale juice with our Blendtec.

I've heard from friends that if you want to juice a lot of greens, the very best is the Green Star.

In her book, Crazy Sexy Diet, Kris Carr has a section of the pros and cons of the best juicers on the market. It's a very popular book, so you could definitely find it at the library, at a used book store, or on amazon. She also has a lot of good info on green smoothies and juices.

#3 of 8 Old 04-10-2012, 06:41 AM

Are there any good juicers and blenders that don't cost 400-500 dollars? Ones that will still masticate greens decently? I get that a Vitamix et. al will be a good investment but those are way out of my budget for now.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#4 of 8 Old 04-11-2012, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Bump. More recs?

Oh and thanks for the rec HappyWoman. Will check it out.

Lytorre, wife to one wonderful man. Mommy to two naturally-birthed, rough-and-tumble little men.

#5 of 8 Old 04-11-2012, 07:43 PM

We are searching for a juicer too (and just bought a new blender for smoothies), and my husband's exhaustive research yielded these results, that get excellent reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Breville-BJE510XL-900-Watt-Variable-Speed-Extractor/dp/B000QBFFU8/ref=sr_1_2?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1334158136&sr=1-2

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KHPFFI/ref=s9_simh_gw_p79_d0_g79_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1TBEXFXNX6418XX30Y4M&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

I'll add more as he keeps looking - he's probably going to order one tonight!

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#6 of 8 Old 04-11-2012, 08:11 PM

OK, DH went ahead and ordered this one:

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-juicer/

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#7 of 8 Old 04-13-2012, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

I'm leaning strongly towards this one:

http://www.bestjuicers.com/omegavert.html

Looks promising.

#8 of 8 Old 04-15-2012, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygrss View Post

I'm leaning strongly towards this one:

http://www.bestjuicers.com/omegavert.html

Looks promising.

I bought the above juicer yesterday. I've used it twice and so far love it! It has handled everything that I put into it, including leafy greens, like a pro. It has a high yield of juice and the pulp comes out really dry.

My oldest son loves it (4 y/o). Still working on the littlest one (2 y/o). Maybe I'll make him plain apple juice, then slowly add in other things.

Anyhow, really nice vertical masticating juicer. I was able to get it from Bed Bath & Beyond, which is even better because I was able to actually see it before purchasing.

Tags
Nutrition Good Eating

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page