Darigold products - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-20-2012, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does anyone know if Darigold products are antibiotic free?  I know they are hormone free but I'm having trouble finding info on the antibiotics.  I LOVE their sour cream and pick it up whenever I am down in the US but if they use antibiotics it's back to canadian sour cream for me. greensad.gif

. : Jill, mama to 5 kiddos, soon to be 6 in June 2013 : .

#2 of 7 Old 05-20-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyofthevalley View Post

Does anyone know if Darigold products are antibiotic free?  I know they are hormone free but I'm having trouble finding info on the antibiotics.  I LOVE their sour cream and pick it up whenever I am down in the US but if they use antibiotics it's back to canadian sour cream for me. greensad.gif

I do not *know* but if it is not labeled as antibiotic free I would assume it is not antibiotic free.  I thought I had read something that said all milk produced in Washington was BGH free, but I can't find a source for that now.  I do know that Safeway, Costco, Darigold and Tillamook have all been hormone free for years.  My uncle is actually a Darigold farmer and has never said anything about being antibiotic free, so I think they do use antibiotics (are there non-organic milk-producers that don't use antibiotics?).

#3 of 7 Old 05-20-2012, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Tillamook's site states that they do not routinely use antibiotics but any cow that does require them is taken out of production until the milk is testing free of antibiotics.  They test all their milk and won't use any that has antibiotics in it.  It doesn't state that on their labels though.  I'm starting to think that if the info is that hard to find they probably do use them. :(

#4 of 7 Old 05-20-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:

Tillamook's site states that they do not routinely use antibiotics but any cow that does require them is taken out of production until the milk is testing free of antibiotics.  They test all their milk and won't use any that has antibiotics in it.  It doesn't state that on their labels though.  I'm starting to think that if the info is that hard to find they probably do use them. :(

Thanks for that information.  I think I knew that about Tillamook, but (like you) I wonder why they don't put it on the label if they don't use it.  I won't see my Uncle until the 4th of July, but if I remember I'll talk to him (or my cousins) about the antibiotics in Darigold.

#5 of 7 Old 05-23-2012, 09:53 AM

Location: Primarily in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Montana, Hawaii, Alaska, Wyoming and California

Hello! Darigold products do not have antibiotics. If cows are given antibiotics, their milk is no longer able to be used and processed into Darigold products. Thank you for asking, and we are so happy to hear that you enjoy our products!

https://www.facebook.com/darigold

#6 of 7 Old 05-23-2012, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darigold View Post

Hello! Darigold products do not have antibiotics. If cows are given antibiotics, their milk is no longer able to be used and processed into Darigold products. Thank you for asking, and we are so happy to hear that you enjoy our products!

https://www.facebook.com/darigold

Thank you for replying!  I head down to the US especially for your sour cream!  LOL  Nothing up here compares. :)

#7 of 7 Old 05-23-2012, 02:54 PM

Location: Primarily in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Montana, Hawaii, Alaska, Wyoming and California
Quote:

Thank you for replying!  I head down to the US especially for your sour cream!  LOL  Nothing up here compares. :)

Thanks jillyofthevalley! I'm not sure which one is your favorite, but the Regular, All Natural, and Crema Agria Mexicana (Mexican Style) are all delicious! You can always find recipes on our website as well. Thanks for being a Darigold fan!

Tags
Nutrition Good Eating

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page