What do you eat to get an energy boost? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-24-2012, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I eat pretty healthy but lately I have been dragging in the energy dept. Also, I have been taking vitex and it increases my hunger (which is good because I need to gain some weight - like 15 lbs. would be good!) and I tend to snack unheathily in between meals. Any ideas? I don't have any food allergies or intolerances!

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#2 of 5 Old 05-25-2012, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was feeling really draggy for a long, long while and I finally decided to take  a mulitvitamin and some vitamin C. That did not take care of the problem. Then I added some vitaimin D and I can't get over how much better I feel.

It took several weeks, I am not POSITIVE it was the vitamin D, but I can't think of anything else I changed that could have helped that much.

Anyway, food-wise, I eat a small piece of dark chocolate if I need a little energy boost. I've heard eating an apple will do the same thing. I didn't notice the apple making any difference in my energy level.

Are you drinking enough water?

If you really are underweight for your frame, maybe that could make you tired, too?

Good luck!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#3 of 5 Old 05-25-2012, 04:20 PM

It's entirely possible that, most often, I don't make the healthiest 'pick-me-up' choices.  whistling.gif caffix.gif

In my defense, I usually pair the coffee with a moderately 'healthy' egg sandwich (with lots of spinach and cheese).

If I go for juice, I'll often put flaxseed or other omega/EFA oil on it (good for keeping it more filling/adding calories/getting your healthy oils).  I find, personally, that I feel better energy-wise when I have that regularly.  

I've also done a lovely simple banana-milkshake-smoothie with frozen banana, instant espresso powder, milk, dash of yogurt, dab of peanut butter, touch of honey.

Interesting comment about adding in the Vit. D.  If you check back, tinybutterfly, I'd just love to know how much you added to your regimen.   

#4 of 5 Old 05-27-2012, 11:46 AM

A spirutein shake could give you a boost!

Also, yerba mate tea...do you drink coffee?

When I drink lots of water I feel very energised.

Vitamins B and D.

Good luck! 

Living the Joyful life as a mama of three beautiful children who are just right the way they are.

I blog at www.saboss.blogspot.com chicken3.gif

#5 of 5 Old 05-28-2012, 09:22 AM

If I'm between meals and I'm hungry, I eat nuts.  Almonds, walnuts, whatever kind you prefer.  It's a good punch of protein which gives me energy.  I'm also partial to adding in some dark chocolate with the nuts.  A little sugar boost that is also good for you, along with the protein usually does the job. 

Tags
Nutrition Good Eating

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page