My fellow Americans, I need a good Fudge recipe! :D - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-11-2012, 04:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The kind that takes marshmallows or fluff please!  A nice rich chocolatly one!

Because fudge in American is NOT the same thing as fudge here in the UK and 'fudge' here in the UK is...well...its gross!  I thought I would treat my british friends to some real home made American fudge!  I have a friend who used to do one with marshmallows (melted them?) ...but its a family recipe she won't give me! lol  Her fudge was great!  Oh also - I would like the recipe to allow for nuts as an optional thing so I can make a batch without nuts and a batch with nuts for some variety! hehe  So please do share your tried and tested fudge recipes with me please! :D  I need to buy some of these ingredients in advance because they also don't sell them in the UK!  thanks! :)

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#2 of 8 Old 10-14-2012, 12:12 PM

Well, I'm Canadian, and the fudge recipe I use does not include marshmallows or fluff, but my family seems to like it, and it's very easy to make. I mix it all up in a pot on the stove over low-med/low heat as I don't have a microwave:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/fudge/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=fudge&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

I also like to line the pan with foil or wax paper to make it easier to lift out the fudge for slicing on a cutting board.

#3 of 8 Old 10-14-2012, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaynesMom View Post

Well, I'm Canadian, and the fudge recipe I use does not include marshmallows or fluff, but my family seems to like it, and it's very easy to make. I mix it all up in a pot on the stove over low-med/low heat as I don't have a microwave:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/fudge/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=fudge&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

I also like to line the pan with foil or wax paper to make it easier to lift out the fudge for slicing on a cutting board.

I use one very similar and love it. Not sure if mine has the butter or not. I use different kinds of chips for different flavors and it works great.

Mom to DS 4/24/03 and DD 4/17/06
#4 of 8 Old 10-14-2012, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I'm not American either but the Nigella recipe for fudge which I use seems almost identical to the PP's (I didn't check proportions but the ingredients are the same). I usually put cranberries and pistachio nuts in mine but I'm about to do a batch with cranberries and almonds which I think will be good too.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#5 of 8 Old 10-16-2012, 07:39 AM

Not a big maker of homemade fudge - but I've made this pretzel fudge a few times and it's awfully tasty.  No marshmallow stuff, BUT it does have the sweetened condensed milk which probably helps make it delicious (and easy).  You could probably not do pretzels and do whatever else you want (but they do add a nice salty touch, which is lovely with fudge).

#6 of 8 Old 10-16-2012, 04:29 PM

I use this one with Ghirardelli chips

2/3 c. undiluted Carnation evaporated milk
1 2/3 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chopped nuts

Mix Carnation evaporated milk, sugar and salt in saucepan over low heat. Heat to boiling, then cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add miniature marshmallows, chocolate chips, vanilla, nuts. Stir 1-2 minutes (until marshmallows melt). Pour into buttered 9 inch square pan.

Jess  SAHM to Daniel  (09/07) and Samuel  (06/10)and Katie Lee (11/11) we're with #4 edd 4/15 Wifey to my "geek" : David  for 14 yrs. ( 4/09 @ 19 weeks).
#7 of 8 Old 10-16-2012, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
http://www.food.com/recipe/Easy-Microwave-Fudge-48056

Mine is like this but I don't put in the extra sugar. I add one marshmallow. Everybody raves.
#8 of 8 Old 10-30-2012, 09:50 AM

So the YUMMIEST fudge recipe is the EASIEST recipe.  It's a "Taste of Home" peanut butter fudge recipe, which I know you said chocolate, so you may have to make it PB and Chocolate... I know, what a HORRIBLE combination!  Obviously you could just sub the Pnut butter for chocolate, but I have never tried to do this myself yet.

Ingredients

• 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1-1/3 cups peanut butter
  • 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme

Directions

• In a saucepan, bring sugar and milk to a boil; boil for 3 minutes. Add peanut butter and marshmallow creme; mix well. Quickly pour into a buttered 8-in. square pan; chill until set. Cut into squares. Yield: 3-4 dozen.

That's it!  I swear it is delish, and I have tried it with chocolate, too.  It was a HUGE hit either way.

Tags
Nutrition Good Eating

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page