Food processor recs - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-31-2013, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, it's finally happened.  I've been frugal and hung onto my food processor for probably 15 years or more, and it finally broke.  I'm ready to upgrade, but a Vita Mix is out of my budget.  What else do people recommend, that might cost a little less?  Mainly I make smoothies (would add more peels, seeds, etc if the machine could handle it, which my old one couldn't!), puree soup, shred cheese and veggies, but I'd do more with it if it had the capability. 

#2 of 5 Old 05-12-2013, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Did you ever find a good one? Mine is pretty lame and I am in need of a new one.

#3 of 5 Old 05-12-2013, 05:34 PM

My DH bought a cuisinart that has the food processor and a seperate blender attachment. I really like it. I havent ran into anything that bogged it down. Its really easy to use and clean I'm pretty sure we got it at Macy's for $140. My friend has the kitchen aid processor and I was also thoroughly impressed by that one. It shredded a pound of cheese in no time with no trouble at all. That one is s bit more expensive though. Good luck in your search and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Excuse any errors I'm typing on a tablet while nursing!
#4 of 5 Old 05-12-2013, 05:55 PM

For smoothies and soups, I use an immersion blender.  It works great!  I have a Cuisinart food processor which I love.  I wouldn't ever bother with smoothies and soups in it though. 

#5 of 5 Old 05-12-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnra View Post

For smoothies and soups, I use an immersion blender.  It works great!  I have a Cuisinart food processor which I love.  I wouldn't ever bother with smoothies and soups in it though. 

I love my immersion blender for soups! I have a Cuisinart food processed that works great but doesn't do smoothies as fine as I'd like.

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

Tags
Nutrition Good Eating

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page