cuisinart ice cream - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-20-2013, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i have been making ice cream a couple xs a week with no problem. i have left my bowl in the freezer for at least 2 days or it didn't take. i use whole milk etc. today i used the bowl after having it in since thursday it did not even start to frost. i had my liquid mix in the fridge >24 hours. everything else is the same. what could be wrong?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 11:18 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Homemade ice cream sound delicious! Anyone have suggestions on what to do?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 05-08-2013, 07:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by creamer View Post

i have been making ice cream a couple xs a week with no problem. i have left my bowl in the freezer for at least 2 days or it didn't take. i use whole milk etc. today i used the bowl after having it in since thursday it did not even start to frost. i had my liquid mix in the fridge >24 hours. everything else is the same. what could be wrong?

Strange.  I had the same machine and while it never "set" the ice cream as hard as I would have liked, it always got at least to soft serve consistency.  Did you change anything with your base?  Alcohol will effect the freezing but one would need to use a significant amount to make a difference.

Mom to DS, born fall 05 after ,,, wife/best friend to DH We have

Tags
Nutrition Good Eating
User Tag List