need to vent - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-15-2013, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I hope this is the right place to post this....
So, let me start here, ds3 is 3 months, EBF, unvaxed, and a perfectly happy and healthy babe. However last Sun at church someone let him "chew on" her thumb. I gently said to ds, "that's yucky dude, chew your own thumb" so she quickly removed her finger from his mouth. Well, a few days later he gets a fever, and it got pretty high, (102.4 for a 3 months old) but he's over it now. Idk if it was related at all to the stranger finger in the mouth or not...
So now today, I'm at MILs for a family birthday party, and MIL is holding him so I run to the bathroom, when I come out, she's feeding him strawberry icing off her finger! I was beyond pissed! I took the plate away from her and set it on the table and said "nana!!!" She goes "don't be mad mom, it was only a little taste, and he really wanted it" then she told DH she didn't really think about it till after she did it, but my sister was right there and witnessed the whole thing and said she looked right at her before she did it and said "shhh".
So this pissed me off on so many levels. 1) she did it behind my back cuz she knows how I feel, and did it anyway. Which is undermining. 2) she lied. 3) she did the exact same thing to ds2 when he was 3months too, only it was a tootsie pop. Bad track record. I feel like I can't trust her!
Also, now I'm sorta worried about the fever returning becuz of how sugar impacts the immune system, and the finger in his mouth.
Idk what I'm really looking for here. Just needing to vent I guess.
Do u think I'm being to harsh or irrational here?

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2013, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would be pretty irritated about giving my child anything that wasn't breastmilk before six months. That's kinda crazy! But I would not worry about the finger in the mouth. Kids can get sick from anything. Germs are everywhere. It's just as likely for them to get sick from touching a table as it is from someone's finger. I guess I sorta feel like germs are good (within reason- don't lick the toilet bowl) for kids, because they help them to create a tough immune system.

I wouldn't worry about the fever coming back.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

Old 06-15-2013, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I wouldn't worry about the germs and fever so much but I would be livid with MIL! That is NOT okay. Who gives babies sugary crap like that so young? Even with my mainstream friends and family, they would never do that, and the fact that she knew it would upset you and did it anyway is just wrong. I'm sorry. I'm livid for you :)

"Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen." Ralph Marston

Old 06-20-2013, 12:26 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grisandole View Post

I wouldn't worry about the germs and fever so much but I would be livid with MIL! That is NOT okay. Who gives babies sugary crap like that so young? Even with my mainstream friends and family, they would never do that, and the fact that she knew it would upset you and did it anyway is just wrong. I'm sorry. I'm livid for you :)

yeahthat.gif

Tags
Nutrition Good Eating
User Tag List