Lil Lunches - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-19-2014, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

What did you put in your LOs lunch? I figure we can share our ideas that are either healthy, budget friendly, or easy, or all 3 is good too. 

I'll start. 

I have to pack my LO 2 snacks and a lunch. Snack 1 is a chocolate zuchini muffin, lunch is a whole wheat pita cheese pizza (WW pita baked with tomato sauce and cheese), Snack 2 is apple slices. 

ETA: Lets keep this thread light and fun. No flaming other what other people feed their children. 

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#2 of 10 Old 03-24-2014, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

It looks like your post might have been missed so I'm bumping it up for attention. :bump: Anyone else want to share what you pack for lunch for your children?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 10 Old 03-24-2014, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
My L is 6 and I also pack her lunch and 2 snacks...One for class and one for the afterschool program...

Today she had a hm lunchable..turkey and cheese slices cut in circles..round crackers...pearsauce cup and a pkg of Annie's Organic strawberry Gummies with a kid bottle of water..

AM school snack was graham crackers and cherry tomatoes.

Afterschool program snack was a fruit pouch and 2 boiled eggs..

She is gluten,Dairy,Soy and apple allergic...
#4 of 10 Old 03-24-2014, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I often pack monkey platter style lunches in my 4yo's goodbyn lunch box. I LOVE all the compartments because it allows more creativity than if I had to put everything in a bag or match a container to its lid. Anyway, today I packed nori, 1 fig bar, some frozen peas, and some carrot sticks and pita chips to go with some spinach artichoke dip. Oh andaalso a small kids "yogurt" that dh bought but I never would have, lol. It's called "dairy snack" on the package! But it's like 2 tablespoons worth of yogurt. Other typical lunch items : berries, various melons, hard boiled eggs, pirates booty, raisins,

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#5 of 10 Old 03-24-2014, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Tomorrow its sunbutter and super fruit jam sandwich on whole wheat, dried cranberries, apple slices, and a string cheese. 

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#6 of 10 Old 03-25-2014, 04:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
On kindy days, DD1 takes morning tea and lunch with her. The kindy is peanut-free but DD has no allergies/intolerances herself. They are also not allowed to take any sweet biscuits, cake etc.

Today was
Morning tea: rice crackers and cheese and a square of homemade muesli bar
Lunch: small container of yoghurt, a sliced peach a hard-boiled egg and bread and butter

She also likes haloumi wrapped in flat bread and cheese and vegemite sandwiches for "main course". The sides are almost always some variation on cheese, yoghurt, fruit, rice crackers and muesli bar. Oh, and sometimes popcorn which she loves.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#7 of 10 Old 03-25-2014, 05:21 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
DS (10) - salami, olives, Babybel, apple slices, yogurt covered almonds, 2 Girl Scout cookies (that I'm trying to get rid of), organic fruit smoothie pouch.

DD (11 months) - mini pumpkin muffins. orzo cooked in veggie broth, cheese, peas, avocado. BM.

Mom to DD heartbeat.gif (04.21.13)   DS blahblah.gif (8 years old) and DSD energy.gif(10 years old) and 2 dog2.gif and 2cat.gif
#8 of 10 Old 04-16-2014, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

My partner is usually the lunchbox packer, but when he was away for a week last summer, I kept notes on what I packed in the kid's lunch:

http://articles.earthlingshandbook.org/2013/08/13/a-week-of-vegetarian-lunchbox-lunches/

He's in third grade, and this school year his class has been having a morning snack, so he brings that as well as lunch.  On a typical day he has some sort of trail mix for snack, either PB&J or cheese and crackers (usually Triscuits) as his main dish, some sliced fruit and/or carrots, and a tiny treat such as a few chocolate chips or a small piece of any dessert we happen to have.  He got some Squooshi pouches for Christmas, and one of those filled with applesauce is another snack/side option.  (We tried yogurt, but he only likes it really cold.)  Other main dishes he has sometimes are beans and salsa and corn chips, hummus and pita chips, or veggie burger (cooked at home and packed warm, on a day when he's not taking any food that should stay cold).

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#9 of 10 Old 04-16-2014, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Ham sandwich on whole wheat with a laughing cow cheese and mustard, a granola bar, and strawberries. 

#10 of 10 Old 08-08-2014, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I make some turkey sandwiches for my daughter and pot in a ecofriendly container. These containers have divider and good for storing different snacks. I also add some fruits in their snacks and fruit juices. My DD1 loves strawberries and raspberries while my DD2 loves eating muffin and cupcakes.

Tags
Nutrition Good Eating

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page