Is DeTox tea causing my headaches? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-04-2004, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Maybe this should be in Health and Healing.

I just started drinking DeTox tea a few days ago and have had a splitting headache and some moodiness both days. Anybody have any side effects like this from this tea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2005, 09:56 AM

Bumping this question...

I searched the threads and found my exact question posted over a year ago here (with no replies and thus no answers!) Has anyone else had this same experience? It does not happen every time that I drink the tea, but it has happened more than once. Fortunately I do not often get headaches; this is why I associate the headaches with the tea. Could the DeTox tea be causing headaches, and if so, why? Detoxification? Release of toxins? Main ingredients are sarsaparilla root, cinnamon bark, licorice root, ginger root, burdock root, dandelion root, et al. TIA!

I think I will also post this in Health and Healing.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:21 AM

Anytime I do a detox, I get a headache and feel generally crappy for a couple days. I'm pretty sure it is just the release of toxins.

Heather, mama to          
Old 12-14-2005, 10:11 AM

messy mama,
Thank you for the reply. I googled a bit and found one source that said that a lot of dndelion root can give you a headache. However, I only had 1-2 cups of the tea at a time, so I'm not sure that this would qualify as "a lot" of dandelion root. I have had the tea 8 times (I see that there are 8 bags missing from the box!) and have gotten a headache at least three times that I recall. The headache is difficult to get rid of; it's enough to make me not want to "detox" anymore. I was just curious if the headache was really from detoxification, or if it could just be a reaction to one of the ingredients. Also, does anyone know the scientific reason for why detox would result in a headache? I.e., What happens physiologically in the body that causes the splitting headache?

User Tag List