Thinking about going back to gluten for pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-26-2014, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Thinking about going back to gluten for pregnancy

Yes, you read that right. I've been 100% gluten free for over 2 years...I'm thinking about going back to adding in some if I get pregnant...we tried to get pregnant for awhile last summer and again this spring to no avail...the only thing that's different for my first two pregnancies (which were both conceived the first month of trying) was that I was eating gluten then. I know that I am NOT celiac...I eliminated it originally because I was having issues that later were attributed to stress. I have this gut feeling that I'm a bit deficient in some micro and macro nutrients from being gluten free...has anyone ever gone BACK to gluten (I'm thinking healthier forms...not Oreos )...anyone done it for pregnancy? Any thoughts?
#2 of 2 Old 07-27-2014, 01:00 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to comment that I had a friend who had a wheat allergy, but could eat wheat when she was pregnant. I'm not sure exactly the nature of her wheat allergy. I wasn't aware of celiac at the time, but I'm positive it wouldn't have been that. I also have a sister who developed an allergy to walnuts that seemed to get worse with every passing year, but then she started eating them again and was fine. I wonder if it was oral allergy syndrome, now that i think about it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page