IS Sheep Milk Good For Health? - Mothering Forums

IS Sheep Milk Good For Health?

karrasfarm (TS)
08:39 PM Liked: 0
#1 of 6
08-21-2014 | Posts: 1
I have studied alot on sheep milk and its benefits.Please let me know is it good for pregnant woman?
robbyhack
11:11 AM Liked: 0
#2 of 6
08-22-2014 | Posts: 4
not specific to pregnancy, but overall it is Good.
Donaldchris
01:00 PM Liked: 0
#3 of 6
Today | Posts: 2
Well sheep milk is not good for pregnant woman.But overall is good,it is a delicious and healthy alternative to cow’s milk.Milk is a great, source of calcium which is essential for healthy bones.Milk also provides magnesium, vitamins A vitamin B-6 and vitamin B-12.
blessedwithboys's Avatar blessedwithboys
02:37 PM Liked: 3399
#4 of 6
Today | Posts: 3,561
Milk is for babies and is species-specific. That means that after childhood, no human needs milk. And no human of any age ever needs non-human milk.

Sometimes human babies who don't have access to human milk do ok with animal milk.

Adults who like to drink animal milk can certainly do so if they choose. Raw is always best.
blessedwithboys's Avatar blessedwithboys
03:05 PM Liked: 3399
#5 of 6
Today | Posts: 3,561
Milk is for babies and is species-specific. That means that after childhood, no human needs milk. And no human of any age ever needs non-human milk.

Sometimes human babies who don't have access to human milk do ok with animal milk.

Adults who like to drink animal milk can certainly do so if they choose. Raw is always best. Different animals make milks with different levels of nutrients, based on what babies of that species need. Go for taste, stick with raw, and don't worry about the rest.
JamieCatheryn's Avatar JamieCatheryn
04:16 PM Liked: 1295
#6 of 6
Today | Posts: 5,070
There's info to support high protein being great for pregnancy, and milk and dairy are a very tasty source of protein. The less processed the better, so long as it's free of contamination. Only if those milk proteins and lactose actually agree with you though (basically a month long dairy elimination and then reintroduction will tell you that). We avoid sheep milk and its cheeses in my house, it gives my hubby hives.
Tags: sheep chees , sheep milk
Reply Subscribe Nutrition and Good Eating

Quick Reply