Mothering Forum banner

Is Nutrition Supplement is Good for Health?

3K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  hellen19 
#1 ·
Someone suggested me to use nutrition supplement for bodybuilding. Is there is any side effect of it? I am confused that use it or not. Please help me to clear my doubt.

#3 ·
I agree with Viola. There are hundreds of supplements out there - from protein, other nutritional supplements, to micronutrients, to pre and post workout supplements so it's hard to say what would be good or bad for you.

What you choose to use for supplements all depends on your current health state, any prior health conditions, and your health goals.

#8 ·
Great question.

It really comes down to the nature of the supplement. If it's mostly artifical and filled with chemicals, then its probably not a good idea unless its absolutely necessary.

I prefer using natural herbs & oils to supplement health, herbs such as fish oil, turmeric and black seed oil just to name a few.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any specific questions.

#9 ·
Nutritional supplements only make you loose weight in your wallet.
There are plenty of natural sources of creatine. Lot of organ meats, especially heart, contain decent enough levels of creatine to keep muscles loaded. It will not be the same as cycling creatine powder as far as power and strength are concerned. However the muscles will be able to have enough more power nd strength to bulk. I believe either mackerel or herring is also a good source of creatine.
Aside from cod liver oil I think supplements are in necessary. I also think cod liver oil should be considered a food not a supplement.

#12 ·
Hi, I recenlty had a personalized consultation with a nutritionist (via skype - was very convenient) and he helped me understand a lot about my individual needs for vitamins, nutritients etc. I think it is important that those consultations are personalized, as every body is different and lives in a totally different context (energy loss, cold/warm/ a lot outside/ a lot inside/ travel etc.!)

She asked many questions and and could in the end give concrete answers! She also let me know that supplements are not necessary if we know how to balance out. If we are stressed more than average , we have to eat more antioxidants than average and so on!

I have to say that instead of putting my money and time to research for supplements I would rather go for a professional consultation with a Nutritional therapist! And via skype!! No need to leave the house, wait etc!
I just doublechecked the site is called HEARTGRAIN dot COM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.