Food Processors - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-22-2002, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Osiyo!!!

I am looking to invest in a food processor. I want something that is going to be around for a LONG TIME, so I am willing to spend more than I might. Specifically, I want a model that will shred cheese, chop onions, dice tomatoes, and shred cabbage/lettuce. Does anyone here us an FP regularly? What do you do with it? Any suggestions on a model? What prices did you pay?

Wado.
#2 of 8 Old 06-22-2002, 10:35 PM

I use the Kitchenaid, and paid $99 for it. So far, I'm pretty satisfied with it; it works fast, is easy to clean, no problems so far. I've shredded, minced and chopped with it, but I've not tried shredding cheese.
#3 of 8 Old 06-23-2002, 12:37 AM

I've used a Cuisinart for 15 years. I love the thing so much, I bought a bigger one than I started with.
#4 of 8 Old 06-24-2002, 04:10 PM

Cuisinart rocks the house!!!! There's nothing it can't do, they last forever, they are incredibly user friendly. I just can't rave enough about mine-no product has ever brought me as much pleasure in my entire life as my 11 cup Cuisinart fp! ( I am an obsessed cook!) I use mine to shred, cut, puree, etc., but also to make pizza doughs, cookies, just about everything. If you have a Costco membership, they have pretty good deals on them.
#5 of 8 Old 07-24-2002, 03:47 AM

Cuisinart!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have worked with almost every food processor brand out there and the Kweezie is worth the bucks. Splurge and get the biggest one. You can throw anything in there. Nothing else even compares.
#6 of 8 Old 07-28-2002, 12:52 PM

I have had the same Cuisinart for the last 15 years and it is still going strong. I have replaced a few blades and one work bowl. The good news is those thing are never discontinued. As long as the motor keeps running I will always find the parts! One recommendation: buy at least 1 extra work bowl regardless of what kind you buy. That way you don't have to wash out/dry the work bowl between ingredients. A real time saver when dealing with lots of different foods in one recipe!

Pardon me while I puke.gif

#7 of 8 Old 07-28-2002, 01:44 PM

I am sooooo lusting for a Cuisinart! I'm trying to save up....the one I've eyed is $199!
#8 of 8 Old 07-30-2002, 09:23 AM

DH bought me the Cuisinart Mini for Christmas a couple of years ago. It was really only good for chopping onions. We took it back and got the big one. I LOVE it. I use it almost everyday. Definately worth the money. Also they are a company that stands behind their product if you were to ever have a problem.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page