Unusual/Different Jam Recipes?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-19-2004, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am looking for some different or unusual jam recipes - I am tired of the same old same old - peach, blackberry, strawberry, raspberry. I want something different. Last year I tried lavender and peach but you can't really taste the lavender. I also tried a strawberry and fig jam that is . Do you have any ideas??

eta - I currently have peaches and blueberries but would be interested in anything right now. Thanks again -

~~Mama to DS1 6/05 and DS2 12/07~~
#2 of 5 Old 07-20-2004, 12:14 AM

I intend to make rhubarb/strawberry tomorrow. And, fireweed jelly as soon as we go pick 8 cups of blossoms. ayayay
Recipes are on here if you want
#3 of 5 Old 07-20-2004, 01:04 AM

It's delish! Use about equal proportions of all three fruits. So tasty!

Mom to DD1 (11/1999),  DD2 (07/2003), and DS (11/2012), all born at home and cloth diapered. 

#4 of 5 Old 07-20-2004, 02:02 AM

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but do you know if you can make jam or jelly or something with green grapes? We have a prolific vine in our backyard and there's NO way I could eat that many grapes?
#5 of 5 Old 07-20-2004, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

I saw the fireweed recipe when I was looking around and it looked really interesting but I don't know what it is or if it even grows here.

miss_sonja - that jam sounds wonderful. i was looking around online and saw a peach mango one that sounded yummy.

linnea - I have never made jam/jelly from green grapes before but I can't imagine that you couldn't. It might be interesting to try making some wine also. I think that would be fun.

~~Mama to DS1 6/05 and DS2 12/07~~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page