What not to do with tofu - Mothering Forums
Nutrition and Good Eating > What not to do with tofu
mama2m&m's Avatar mama2m&m 02:08 PM 07-17-2002
So I bought some tofu at the store a while ago and wasn't going to use it right away. We have an extra fridge in the basement and the freezer has a rack to hold ice cube trays. Anyone see where I'm going with this?

Since the freezer part was full of other stuff, I stuck the package in the ice cube tray rack because it was a *perfect* fit. Fast forward to last night. I went to pull out my tofu and it was stuck but good!!!

When the tofu froze it puffed up just far enough to get stuck on the top of the ice cube rack. :LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL :

Well, live and learn. I thought it was really funny after I got the durn thing out. I'm usually just asking questions so I thought I'd share something else for a change And now I'm babbling .. bye!

MarieK's Avatar MarieK 05:00 PM 07-17-2002
Mama2m&m,
EnviroBecca's Avatar EnviroBecca 07:31 PM 07-17-2002
I thought your story was going to be like mine: Something not to do with tofu is to attempt to make it into some kind of fried patties when you have no recipe or other sort of idea what you're doing and it's 7:30 already and you're exhausted and starving. You will probably wind up with a bunch of greasy mush like I did.
Up