SUSEYBLUE - Read Me - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-20-2004, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Suse,

Sorry, I tried to PM you, but your in box is full, you popular gal you....

So I just wanted to let you know a Kombucha is coming your way next week sometime (she is mailing it on Monday)....

It's a freebie from a friend...so just enjoy, experiment, and let me know what you think of it. She is going to send me a baby one too, when the next young un is ready. So this will give me time to prepare for it's arrival. All I know about Kombucha atm, is that you make tea, add sugar, and the 'Scoby' thing to brew it.

Big Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 08-20-2004, 02:40 PM

ahhh! thank you! (sorry about the inbox, i wasn't paying attention. definately need more room.) lol, i almost sent wild fermentations back to the library yesterday, now i definately will need it!

what a sweetheart you are. you are definately first on the list when i get my koji started. (ps, you do have some of carl's sourdough starter already, right? )

suse
#3 of 6 Old 08-20-2004, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Nay, haven't gotten around to reading up on Carl's starter. Mmmm, is it uber good stuff?

See, we can do our own round robin muahahah

I usually just have to start my dough night before, and do a one day ferment. But if the starter makes this easier or faster, then mmmm....I would be interested in it !!

I'm also looking to get some Piima? (sp) culture...let's keep our eyes open, supposedly makes dreamy 'sour cream/cream fraiche' type stuff!

#4 of 6 Old 08-20-2004, 04:14 PM

I would love some piima too!!!
#5 of 6 Old 08-25-2004, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Suse,

Have you got it yet? Nori emailed me wondering if it made the trip safely.

Goatlady,

I'll get you some Piima when I get some
#6 of 6 Old 08-25-2004, 05:31 PM

today, today, it came today, yay! THANK YOU!

i am really jazzed & about to go get started on making it happy (i have sourdough bread going, too.) do you have the carl's link? it's http://home.att.net/~carlsfriends/, & it's free! (it is mighty vigorous.)

i would wax enthusiastic a little longer but two sick VERY CRANKY babies are not big on giving me free time today, so just one more time- thank you! i will tell you how it goes! (i didn't realize dom had a kombucha page, too, btw! the kefir man knows kombucha!)

i gotta write sandor katz about my koji ideas. (and i found dom's kombucha warnings re: culturing near mold interesting, as the aspergillus he warns about it, of course, koji. i may just purchase a starter rather than trying the ginger bug after reading about the afalatoxin possibilities. not from the ginger bug itself, but not being clear about which aspergilli can be dangerous, i may not want to go throwing 'em in rice, kwim?)

suse

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page