Who makes the best tasting stevia? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-23-2004, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just curious if I can get some recommendations! I'd like to switch over to stevia at least for my beverages, etc. right now. Trader Joe's sells some....is it any good? Can anyone recommend some of the better tasting brands?
#2 of 6 Old 08-23-2004, 02:49 PM

I like NOW brand Stevia Liquid Extract that says on it "Non-Bitter Aftertaste". I use it for lemonade, smoothies, salad dressings, whipped cream . . .

Cathe Olson, author The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook, Simply Natural Baby Food, and LIck It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love.  
#3 of 6 Old 08-23-2004, 03:09 PM

I agree about the "NOW" brand. I usually like all their stuff. I did find a little packet Stevia I like in my Ice Tea, "Stevia Plus" by SweetLeaf Company. It has FOS in it, so you are getting some beneficial 'fiber' too.
#4 of 6 Old 08-24-2004, 11:56 AM

I like the Kal brand. I'm not sure I've had the NOW brand, but all the other brands I've had were too Kool-aid-like.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#5 of 6 Old 08-25-2004, 04:58 PM

I know a guys that grows and sells cuttings at a great price. He says that fresh stevia is the best, he said it tastes better than store bought and is cheaper also. if your interested let me know or go to homesteading today just google it. then Head over to the baterboard and post a questin asking for it and Daryll should respond very quickly.

Jennifer

Super Crunchy natural birthing, extended breastfeeding, non-Circing, non vaxxing cloth diapering, Student midwife and Mama to Hannah 14 Abby 9 and Liam 1
#6 of 6 Old 08-25-2004, 05:04 PM

i must agree..the bulk herb tastes so much better! I have tried the various liquid forms and they all taste wierd in comparison. You can buy it in bulk from www.mountainroseherbs.com btw..not sure if it would work but maybe you could just powder it for using in your drinks? I'm sure you could make it into a liqiud yourself though somehow..maybe not a tincture but just like a tea/infusion and then add it to whatever?

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page