Picky eaters and limited diets. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 08-06-2002, 08:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi irishmommy,here is the info about the two products i mentioned.I tried to get the "greens" at my health food store but she said it must be new out as she hadn't heard of it yet.It is called greens plus kids.(berrylicious flavour)It is a 128g size jar.It contains 25 organic fruits and veggies.They have a web site and a telephone number......www.greenspluscanada.com and phone number is (416)977-8765 or 1 877 500-7888.
The fruit bars i buy in Zehrs or A&P grocery stores if you have them in your area.They cost $1.39 each,but i think they are worth it.The only disadvantage i see is they are sticky on the teeth,so i get my son to brush afterwards or eat a piece of cheese to help clean his teeth.I have tasted all of them and they are yummy.Let me know if you can't get them and i will send you some.
Hope you had a good day today.
#32 of 36 Old 08-06-2002, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Auld Reekie, thanks. I'm pretty sure we have a Zehrs nears us, and tomorrow is grocery shopping day, so I'll have a look.
#33 of 36 Old 08-08-2002, 12:54 AM

Irishmommy,forgot to mention that the fruit bars are made by sun-rype.(made in Canada too!!)www.sunrype.com They have a phone number too..1-800-533-8933.
Hope you find some.
#34 of 36 Old 09-03-2002, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

Auld Reekie, I found those bars, and both my dd's hate them!! I bought a couple of different flavours but no go. All is not lost, though, because my foster kids love them, and they think they're treats! I haven't found the greens plus kids yet, but that's next on my list.

Sorry it took me so long to get back about this - we were on vacation, and didn't find them till we came home, then life got in the way!
#35 of 36 Old 09-04-2002, 08:49 PM

Hi Irishmommy,glad you found some sucess with the bars.
I found the Greens product at my local Zehrs.I gave it to my son in juice and he didn't like it.I tasted it and it actually tasted quite sweet.He doesn't eat much sweet stuff so i think that is why he wouldn't drink it.He suggested to me that i mix it in some"jar"(organic jars of pureed bay friut) and he will take it that way.I make sure he drinks a fair amount of water throughout the day too.
I have been taking the adult greens too and feel it doing me good.
If you can't get it and want me to send you some let me know.
#36 of 36 Old 09-06-2002, 12:57 PM
Liz

I don't have time to read all the responses but I want to put my two cents in as a former picky eater. My mother still has the list I made for her of the foods I would eat. I can't remember what was on it but I do remember there were some things I'd never eaten (I think it was roast beef, we never had roast beef). Anyway, I know it drove my mother crazy but I also know I wasn't making it up. I really didn't like most foods. I vividly remember chewing a mouthful of bulgar (still can't stand the stuff) for ever but being physically unable to swallow it. One thing my Mom did was to always have raw vegetables in the fridge and if I wasn't going to eat the vegetables served I had to get another vegetable of the same colour from the fridge. I ate allot of celery which of course has about zero food value but I guess she figured it was better than nothing. We had NO junk food in our house but I made up for it at other kids houses. Or my brother and I would buy candy and then hide in the laneway to eat it. My mother would never yell or anything if she found out but she would be very disappointed and that was worse. It's tough living in a health food household when the other kids are eating junk. I really didn't like allot of foods but I also wanted desparately to be like the other kids so healthy food was just another thing that made us weird. I hope it isn't considered so weird anymore . . .

Anyway, I was and am a very healthy person with no weight problems and I now eat everything (accept bulgar!).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page