Yogurt question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-28-2002, 04:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A quick question about yogurt.

Should I be feeding my 10 month old full-fat yogurt, for the same reason as giving whole milk? Or can I feed her the low fat stuff that I eat?

Thanks.

Karla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2002, 01:40 PM

My 11+ month son has been eating the "Yo-Baby" full fat yoghurts since about 7 months. I just started slowly and watched for any reactions. He now eats them all time. I mix in wheat germ or flax seed for an xtra nutrional boost. Full Fat is best for babies, same as the milk rule. The need it for brain growth. There is no harm in giving low fat, it's just full fat is better

Pardon me while I puke.gif

Old 07-28-2002, 09:12 PM

I'd say the full fat and also lean toward Brown Cow yogurts (you can find at natural food stores.) One thing to watch for in the standard brands (yoplait, etc...) is nutrasweet or other artificial sweetners. Also the addition of refined sugars.

You might use plain yogurt sweetened with pure mape syrup or honey (it takes just a touch.) and your own fruit additions.

I really like the Brown Cow because it's made with real whole milk that's not full of hormones and crap, but before I found it Yoplait was the only brand that seemed to be available without the artificial sweetners.

Sorry, this doesn't seem to make too much sense but the kiddos are clammering to get outside.

hth a little

User Tag List