Popsicle Recipes for a 10 month old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-21-2004, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just bought popsicle molds and now I want to make popsicles for dd, but I don't know how. I searched through previous recipes, but most of them contain ingredients that I don't want to give her yet (i hear milk & yogurt shouldn't be given to her until shes at least a year old?)

So, I need something for her age... I have raspberries and peaches.. but i don't know what else to mix with them.. I'm going shopping for more food on Thursday, so is there anything else that I can buy from a normal grocery store to include in them? (we don't have a health food store where I live).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-21-2004, 12:28 PM

You can give babies yogurt at 6 months, so that should be ok. You can also freeze breastmilk. Also, maybe pureed fruit?

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#3 of 7 Old 09-21-2004, 12:41 PM

I make popsicles for my dd all the time, and I just throw in any fruit I have, but always bananas - they seem to be a good base. This morning it was bananas, frozen strawberries, peach nectar (sometimes it is orange juice, or apple juice, or whatever is in the fridge) and the rest of her cherry yogurt. But I've often done it without yogurt. It is really good with cantaloupe and/or mango.

Rachel, married to Andy, mama to Aubrey, Lauren, Sasha, and *surprise* Baby #4, due November, 2011
#4 of 7 Old 09-21-2004, 01:04 PM
cjr

Quote:
You can give babies yogurt at 6 months
I thought it was 9 months? I have been giving ds baby probiaotic and am going to switch to home made whole milk yogurt when he's old enough. It's the bacteria in yogurt that makes it ok for babies. It's good for their tummy's. People with lactose intollerances can often handle yogurt, while regular dairy is out of the question.

My kids love smoothies and smoothies make great popsicles. Banana, yogurt, juice and another fruit (sometimes it's just the basice 3 ingredients). Just blend it up until it's smooth and can be poured easily, pour into your molds and freeze. I also make pudding popsicles...make home made pudding, cool and pour into molds and freeze. You don't want to give pudding pops at this age though.
#5 of 7 Old 09-21-2004, 01:06 PM

cjr...there are probably too many different opinions on it. I thought 9 months too, but Brandon's dietician told me to feed it to him at 6 months (although it was his 3 FTT diagnosis, so maybe she just wanted him to get the extra calories of whole milk yogurt?)

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#6 of 7 Old 09-21-2004, 01:28 PM

I just puree very ripe fruit and put it in the molds. Apricots, peaches, whatever you have!

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

#7 of 7 Old 09-22-2004, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you all so much. I threw in some pears, pear juice, raspberries and a peach and it tastes so good! I can't wait for her to try it tomorrow morning.

Also, does it matter which type of yogurt she eats? I've never really looked at the different kinds, since there is so much. I know I want to get plain. Do they come in different percents like milk does?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page