crock pot recipes- please share - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-02-2002, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need some good, healthy crock pot recipes.
The kids won't eat soup or stew, but vegetarian or meat is fine. Anyone have any good ones to share?
#2 of 4 Old 08-02-2002, 11:37 PM

Hi Khris,

I like to make beef brisket in the crock pot. Brisket is tough so you have to marinate it. I marinate it overnight in some chicken broth, Braggs liquid aminos (or soy sauce), a little ketchup, papaya juice, crushed garlic, and black pepper. Then in the morning put the brisket and the marinade in the crock pot on low. I ususally add more marinade to make sure it's sitting in plenty of liquid. Cook it for 5 or 6 hours. It's very tender and delicious. During the marinating you should turn it over so both sides get saturated.

Lori
#3 of 4 Old 08-03-2002, 04:31 PM

hi I love my crock pot. we are a vegetarian family so I do a really good veggie chili, but if they dont like that...Veggie sloppy joes...veggie meat, sloppy joe mix some garlic let cook soo easy and also I do veggie dogs and beans like beans and franks in to pot....thoes are easy but im not sure if its what your looking for...try grabbin a crock pot cookbook you can sub bad stuff like meat and cheese for veggie stuff and soy....good luck,
peacefulmom
#4 of 4 Old 08-03-2002, 08:16 PM

Pinto beans or kidney beans in the crockpot (2 cups beans, 6 cups water), an onion cut up in chunks, several peeled cloves of garlic, and chopped up organic smoked sausage is awesome. You put it in before you go to bed & let it cook on low til dinner the next day. Yummo. When it's done you add salt & spices (I like to use a cajun seasoning) and a dollop of yogurt or sour cream. Yummers.

Knittin', knit.gifsingin', cookin' Sara , newly single, doting auntie.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page