What to serve with spaghetti squash? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-06-2004, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I bought a spaghetti squash at whole foods this morning and plan to prepare it by baking and then mixing strands with salt, pepper, olive oil anf freshly grated parmasean cheese. My question is what else would you serve with this? No dietary restrictions.
#2 of 5 Old 10-06-2004, 05:12 PM

I love spaghetti squash!

Sometimes I serve it with green beans steamed in beef or veggie broth and a wilted lettuce salad.

Other times I make some meatballs in gravy (beef gravy, not Italian "red gravy").

Once I broiled the stands with a grated gruyere, garlic and breadcrumb topping. Too good.
#3 of 5 Old 10-07-2004, 12:23 AM

oh the breadcrumb/cheese/garlic idea sound yummmmm...

We usually just scoop it out and stir in some warm marinara sauce, or some pesto & tomatoes & cheese, or if it's a side just some olive oil and parm cheese.

Mama of 3 amazingly sweet kids jumpers.gif, living the dream on our urban farm chicken3.gif

#4 of 5 Old 10-07-2004, 03:57 AM

We usually just have it as a side dish with whatever entree we eat. It goes really well with just about everything.

I've also served it mixed with marinara sauce and mushrooms as a main dish, and it's really good that way too.
#5 of 5 Old 10-07-2004, 09:16 AM

My favorite way to fix it is to dice eggplant into about 1/4 inch cubes, sautee in olive oil and garlic. Stir in a large handful of chopped fresh parsley. Serve over the cooked spag. squash with lots of grated parmesan.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page