Watchya been cookin??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-07-2002, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What's been on the table at your house this week??
let's see... we have had:
*Cuban black beans (black beans cooked w/ plantain, garlic, onions, spices, a bit of molasses and salt), w/ sliced and marinated cucumbers, and fresh avo slices

*sesame noodles (soba~ buckwheat japanese noodle w/ sesame oil, toasted sesame seed, grated carrot, and tamari), ginger baked tofu, and miso soup w/ seeweed

*tempeh fajitas~ marinated pangrilled tempeh strips, grilled red peppers, red onions, and yellow squash w/ warm tortillas, guacamole, soy sour cream, and pico de gallo.

Tonight will be~ homemade minestrone soup and mixed green salad w/ fresh basil!!
#2 of 12 Old 08-07-2002, 04:48 PM

Eggplant caviar :

1.Go to the farmer's market and buy fresh eggplants, onions, bell peppers, garlic and tomatoes.

2.Bake or grill the eggplant.

3.Fry onion, green peppers, garlic in your cast iron skillet. Add the eggplant goo + tomoatos and cook 'til everything is soft.

4. Season with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and mush it all up into the best of all possible sandwich spreads!

--AmyB
#3 of 12 Old 08-07-2002, 04:57 PM

WOW--I'm jealous sounds YUMMY
last night was tomato soup and grilled cheese--wasnt feeling very well and needed a 'comfort' meal.
Tonite is grilled tofu and fresh veggies from the local stand---yours still sounds better!!!
#4 of 12 Old 08-08-2002, 01:22 PM

We had brown rice and fried fish the other day and the next we tossed leftover rice with corn, pepper, seaweed, carrots and egg. YUM!

I'm in love with fried rice this week.

We'll probably have chicken and potatoes tonight.
#5 of 12 Old 08-08-2002, 01:41 PM

this week we had lasagna, tofu stirfry, pizza, black bean chile and cornbread. I've been on a comfort food binge, lol
#6 of 12 Old 08-08-2002, 03:41 PM

This week we have had & will have:

Black bean and cheese enchiladas w/ Spanish Rice

Rottini pasta salad (pasta, red beans, black beans, chick peas, green peas, yellow bell pepper, tomato, pasta, Paul Newman's Balsamic Vinegar and Olive oil dressing with spicy brown mustard added, fresh basil and black pepper) over fresh spinach and homemade breadsticks

Butterfly pork chop for dh; new potatoes w/ onions, garlic, & fresh dill, drissled with olive oil & baked for an hour; steamed veggies (zuccini, yellow squash, green pepper & mushrooms)

Tonight is grilled teriaki kabobs (mine is chicken, dh's is beef), grilled veggies, jasmati rice

Tomorrow is grilled salmon marinated in olive oil & fresh squeezed lemon w/ fresh dill, baked potatoes & fresh green beans

Sat is spinach lasagna, breadsticks & salad

Sun is grilled chicken breasts, fresh broccoli, and brown rice pilaf
#7 of 12 Old 08-08-2002, 04:57 PM

I am such a loser. You guys are all making my dream dinners, and I sit in a house with a kitchen full of fabulous food at this very moment - corn, squash, green beans, heirloom tomatoes, yellow potatoes, plums, peaches, eggplant, cucumber, not to mention an herb garden - and have no idea what to make for dinner. Without a recipe I am just lost.
#8 of 12 Old 08-08-2002, 05:04 PM

tonight I am making roasted chicken and vegetables, amaretto mashed sweet potatoes, and a roasted vidalia onion dip with homemade pita chips. I also am making vanilla bean ice cream and snickerdoodle cookies. No, I don't cook like this every night, we are having company.
#9 of 12 Old 08-09-2002, 12:49 AM

Monday- vegetable stew over rice - had sweet potatoes, leeks, and lots of other yummy things

Tues- crock pot chili over rice or corn bread (your choice) and a green salad

Wed- boca burger sandwhiches and rest of the green salad

Thurs- tofu pot roast over rice with salad

Fri-- dh is cooking an Indian dish of some sort

Sat-- same as above- he cooks those two days

Sun-- leftovers

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#10 of 12 Old 08-10-2002, 04:56 AM

You all rock! I wish I waas that organized with meals! We were a tad simplier this week lasagna, pot roast with all the fixins, greek kabobs, and this was a good week! Not usually this "motivated" with cooking. I suck...... it is so hard to cook in the heat with three boys hanging off my legs. We usually whip up whatever trying to get something from each food group.
#11 of 12 Old 08-10-2002, 07:42 PM

Umm, this week we've had:

Vegan chili over baked potatoes

Speghetti with homeade sauce

Tofu Scrambler

Potato/veggie stir fry with baked tomatoes and spinach

Mac & Uncheese with salad

I also made vegan cheesecake for tonight!!!
#12 of 12 Old 08-13-2002, 01:45 PM

You gals are mighty impressive! If I do 3 or 4 "real" meals in a week I call it a good week! I'm big on making twice as much and eating it two nights. I love to cook but the heat sorta gets me down, and we're having a wave this week.

Last night was black beans & rice; tonight is burritos with grilled zucchini & eggplant; later in the week, if I get my act together, is a curried chicken & rice salad that's out of this world.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page