White grape juice? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-11-2002, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Didn't know whether to post here or on the toddler board.

My son (just turned 1!) has never had juice. A friend suggested that I start offering him diluted white grape juice. She said that it is wonderful for their digestive systems. She has been giving it to her 2 sons since 8 months. Any one else hear this? Juice has always seemed unneccesary to me. I'd rather give him the whole foods.

Thanks!

Pardon me while I puke.gif

#2 of 5 Old 08-12-2002, 10:45 PM

I have heard that white grape juice is better for them than apple juice. but I would have to agree with you, giving the whole fruits is much better for them.
Seb
#3 of 5 Old 08-14-2002, 01:25 PM

Another anti-juice mama here.

No advice on white grape juice, I just posted to say I met another mom like us last weekend who referred to juice as "trainer soda." This made me laugh and I wanted to pass it on.

Kate, the mom of a year-old baby who's never had juice either
#4 of 5 Old 08-14-2002, 05:19 PM

I think the thing about white grape juice is that it is easier for youngsters to digest than apple or red grape juice. I don't think that the white grape juice is necessarily good for the digestive system, just not as harsh as other things.

We never introduced our first to juice, but at about a year and a half he was introduced to it at friends houses. My boys only get it for special occasions -- when we are out at a friends, grandparents, restaurants (sometimes -- my oldest doesn't drink milk) but other than that it is water or milk in our house. And absolutely no soda. My mom is just dying to give my kids soda.:
#5 of 5 Old 08-15-2002, 11:54 AM

White grape juice can be used to relieve constipation (I'm pregnant and drink it all the time ), but I don't see any need to give it if you don't need it for that purpose.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page