help me gain weight - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-19-2002, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok I know all the nutrirtional lingo, and what needs to be done, i.e., increase calorie intake. Now the question is, how do I eat more without eating all day long. Basically I'm looking for high calorie, high carbohydrate recipes. I am veggie, but dnot vegan. I have done the protein powder bit and cant't stomacha nother chalk milkshake. Any advice of supplements is appreciated as well. Peace and good eatin'
#2 of 4 Old 08-21-2002, 02:05 AM

Try my "protein balls"
yummy, high calorie and good fer ya! Kids have fun making these as well.

2 cup almond or peanut butter
1/4 cup carob or chocolate chips
1/4 cup dried cherries
1/8 cup sunflower seeds
1/8 cup wheat germ
mix the above and form into 2-3 inch balls. Roll in shredded coconut and store in the fridge.

RN, Tree-huggin, chicken-raisin'chicken3.gif, mountain climbing, yoga attempting namaste.gif Mama to Miss Areading.gif (10) and Miss K joy.gif(8). Newly re-married wife to DHpartners.gif We're pregnant!!belly.gifExpecting our new little addition this November!

#3 of 4 Old 08-21-2002, 11:37 PM

If you need higher body fat percentage, you could come to my house and I could surgically remove my butt and give it to you - free! (hysterical laughter at my own stupid joke) but seriously I second the last opinion - peanut butter is a great weight gain food. Lots of protien and good fats. Avocado, too. Good luck!
#4 of 4 Old 08-22-2002, 02:24 AM - Thread Starter

babibelli,
thanks for the recipe. I will try it out. I just came upon a great snack at my co-op: take a fresh black mission fig, slice it in half and slap on some almond butter. Yummy and great for little hands too.

Nernie, I would take you up on your offer in an instant. In fact my grama and I have for years been trying to figure out how to do this with the aid of the vacuum cleaner. :LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page