what's the grossest packaged food you've seen? - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 439 Old 06-06-2008, 01:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've had the green colored ketchup, and it was really really gross!! It would leave "stains" on your body if you got drops of it on you. I remember having a green spot on my leg. It didn't last long, probably came off that night in the shower, but still if you wipe something off your leg thats food, you shouldn't have a color spot

But some packaged/processed foods are good. I <333 Totino's Pizza rolls:, but I am trying to eat as much organic as possible which right now isn't much
#422 of 439 Old 06-07-2008, 02:54 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersmamma View Post
: I adored those when I was a kid....sweet and salty at the same time! Now, I would probably think they are disgusting, so I'm just going to let them be yummy in memory.

Has anyone posted a link to this blog yet?

Steve, Don't Eat it!

It's gross, but hilarious!!
That site is too funny. I liked the one where he tries breastmilk with chocolate syrup (claims it tastes just like yoohoo). It's funny because he admits that he should be more disturbed by drinking cow's milk since it's intended for baby cow's but psychologically he just can't get over it.

Jennifer, mama to darling dancing Juliette, and sweet baby Jameson
#423 of 439 Old 06-07-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyTorf View Post
i think those gummy treat things are disgusting. they are corn syrup and dye!!!!!!! no fruit! just because they are in the SHAPES of little fruits does not mean they are good for you (or your teeth)!!!!!!! they come in every charcter shape that you think of. there's practically a wall of them on the "snack" ailse of my grocery store.

an aside: DS picked "organic gummi bears" as his special treat at the natural food store once. i find it hard to wrap my brain around the idea of "organic gummi bears".

'fruit' snacks, indeed. what is wrong with FRUIT as a snack!!!

Jenny, earth.gif flowersforyou.gif   treehugger.gif gd.gif coolshine.giffamilybed2.gifdust.gif
#424 of 439 Old 06-07-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow2911 View Post
I don't know if this has come up yet as I just skimmed the thread, but frozen donner kebabs. :Puke So very very nasty.
Okay, you had to mean frozen dinner kebabs, right? That has got to be the funniest typo I have ever read in my life - especially on a gross food thread! : That was great! Thank you for that laugh!!!

The absolute grossest food I have ever seen: pork rinds. :Puke A coworker bought a bag of them out of a vending machine once, and the deep fried pig skin still had long pieces of black hair in it! I will never forget that as long as I live.

Grossest. thing. ever.
#425 of 439 Old 06-07-2008, 05:00 PM

I forgot one - carbonated fruit. Yep - the cut up fruit, inject it with carbonation, and package it up. I haven't seen it in the store, but I saw it on Unwrapped.
#426 of 439 Old 06-07-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoMama View Post
Okay, you had to mean frozen dinner kebabs, right? That has got to be the funniest typo I have ever read in my life - especially on a gross food thread! : That was great! Thank you for that laugh!!!
Um, she probably meant doner kebabs.
#427 of 439 Old 06-07-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldabee View Post
Um, she probably meant doner kebabs.
Still freaking hilarious!!!!

Of course, I have a warped sense of humor. Dh thought it was great, too, so I'm not alone!
#428 of 439 Old 06-07-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaidinsgirl View Post
I don't get those. Are you supposed to drink through them?? Even if that made sense, don't they get soggy??

Quote:
Originally Posted by emski4379 View Post
Frozen BBQ mac n' cheese on a stick-YUCK!
This cannot be real! How do you get macaroni and cheese on a stick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Erin* View Post
head cheese. and also, neeses country scrapple. http://www.neesesausage.com/products/default.htm

actually, about everything on that website is the grossest packaged food i ever saw. *shudder*
UGH, that is vile and I do not even know what some of that stuff is, nor do I want to and I eat meat.

I am in the UK and we don't have weird blue food and stuff but we make up for it with things like meal in a can. Now, I'm not talking about stuff like Chef Boyardee I mean a full meal. A starch, protein and some sort of vegetable matter all crammed into a tin for your ease and enjoyment. Like this little number for a quick and hearty breakfast, Omelette, chips and beans (and this is a tame one). MMMMMM, just try to resist.
http://www.uknet.net/gallery/BritishFood/mealinacan01
#429 of 439 Old 06-07-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoMama View Post
Still freaking hilarious!!!!

Of course, I have a warped sense of humor. Dh thought it was great, too, so I'm not alone!
Yeah, the name as written always makes me think of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannahsmummy View Post
Like this little number for a quick and hearty breakfast, Omelette, chips and beans (and this is a tame one). MMMMMM, just try to resist.
http://www.uknet.net/gallery/BritishFood/mealinacan01
Mmmmm! Yes yes YES! Full English Breakfast in a can! With black pudding! (Actually, I'd kill for a real FEB, with the works...you can't can a fry-up!)
#430 of 439 Old 06-07-2008, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I didn't see it with my own two eyes, but my sister was in an Asian supermarket the other day and saw a packet of 'Vegetarian Fish-Flavoured Beef'.

The mind reels.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#431 of 439 Old 06-07-2008, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

Individually shrink-wrapped hotdogs. Just pop 'em in the microwave. :?

mama to DS 9 and DD 5 and
#432 of 439 Old 08-11-2008, 01:30 AM - Thread Starter

New candidate for the prize...

"blue box" Macaroni and Cheese Crackers. Shaped just like the real thing... well, like the little dried crunchy noodles that get stuck to your stove. In three convenient flavors.

Why, oh why?

mama to DS 9 and DD 5 and
#433 of 439 Old 08-11-2008, 03:13 AM

steak to be put in a toaster :

hh2.gif

#434 of 439 Old 08-11-2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
Are you making this up????
#435 of 439 Old 08-24-2008, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
Is that related to this, by chance?

uc.jpg  lotbirth.gif   waterbirth.jpg 
#436 of 439 Old 08-24-2008, 02:04 PM

I didn't read all of the posts in this thread, but the packaged "fresh" food I can't get over is "Grapples." They are apples, likely fuji, but I'm not sure, which are injected with grape flavoring (like grape jelly or soda) and then put in packages of four little bubbles. My colleagues love them and think they are the greatest way to get fruit into their kids. I think fruit tastes great sans injections, however!
#437 of 439 Old 08-24-2008, 03:17 PM

Was recently grossed out by a commercial for Bagel-fuls. I thought it looked pretty nasty and always wonder how whole foods have to be manipulated to make them "on-the-go".
#438 of 439 Old 08-24-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supervee View Post
This might just be the grossest packaged food I've seen. An ad for this in Sunday's paper: "Uncrustables"--a peanut butter & jam "sandwich" that comes as a round frozen patty. And I quote:

"The easy way to PB&J--just thaw & serve! Soft bread gives kids the fresh taste of homemade! Kids love no crust!"

As if PB&J is so hard to make...

That's just nasty.

laughup

couldn't agree more. My poor hubby is always hearing me rant about these prepackaged foods for kids.

Others that really irritate me are the Gerbers Graduates commericals... dry pourable "yogurt" bites are as nutritious the real stuff? seriously? Oh and those toddler TV dinners they make. It's like feeding your 1 year old a can of spaghetti-o's with a side of canned beans. mmmm

I don't particularly LOVE cooking all the time, but it's really not that hard to slap a sandwhich together. Or godforbid, make your kids some fresh veggies and cook some brown rice.

Of course I thought Lunchables were the most amazing thing when I was a kid. LOL

~Kaiya~

winner.jpg  Mama to DS(7), DS(4), DD(1) and #4 due 8/2014!

#439 of 439 Old 08-25-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audsma View Post
I didn't read all of the posts in this thread, but the packaged "fresh" food I can't get over is "Grapples." They are apples, likely fuji, but I'm not sure, which are injected with grape flavoring (like grape jelly or soda) and then put in packages of four little bubbles. My colleagues love them and think they are the greatest way to get fruit into their kids. I think fruit tastes great sans injections, however!
I bought one of these, because I was nosy.. it was awful! It was so artificial tasting and smelled a little "too-grapey" to be anything but fake. DD never got to try them....

When I was shopping yesterday I found Cream cheese in a can.... I can't find it listed anywhere online, but it was right next to the other spray cheeses. Now I love me some cream cheese, but that just seems wrong..

I found this in my internet travels... ewww.....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page