What do your children eat for breakfast? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-12-2004, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 3 yr old dd and I've run out of ideas.
#2 of 8 Old 11-12-2004, 03:32 PM

I have run out of ideas also. I have a almost 5 year a 2 1/2 year old plus a newborn. I am not a morning person so I dont like to cook us breakfasts.

We do yogurt, cottage cheese, fruit, pancakes, dry cereal, and 5 grain cereal from Azure If dh is off then he makes the girls scrambled eggs.

So I need some ideas also
#3 of 8 Old 11-12-2004, 05:31 PM

we dont always do breakfast foods for breakfast, so i dont know if yall will like my ideas, but here they are anyway:

cook a pot of beans and rice at the beginning of the week. for breakfast have beans and rice on a tortilla with your favorite fixings. or you could have a breakfast burrito with scrambled eggs

english muffin pizzas- quick and easy

oatmeal (yuck, but some people like it!)

"egg in a hole"- kids love it- cut a hole in a piece of bread, and put it in a skillet with some butter, and crack an egg into the whole. cook on both sides.

grilled cheese

cinammon toast fingers (cut toast into strips)

i think just looking beyond traditional breakfast foods will give you a bunch of options you havent considered.

farmheart likes this.

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

#4 of 8 Old 11-12-2004, 06:05 PM

My son (3 yo) is kind of in a rut and wants the same things everyday. Here is what’s in our regular rotation:

Whole Wheat/Flax Seed waffles: I make a big bunch every other Sunday and freeze to make own "eggos" that I can pop in the toaster.

Whole Wheat/Oat/Bran pancakes: same thing, I make a bunch every other Sunday and freeze them.

Vanilla or plain yogurt w/ a mix in: usually trader Joes pumpkin butter, unsweetened applesauce or fruit juice sweetened jam.

Nut butter and..... bananas, apples, crackers, toast you name it. He loves all nut butters!

Toad in the Holes: (Sometimes called bird in the nest) whole wheat bread with a hole cut in the middle. Drop an egg in to the hole and pan fry until done. Top with bread cut out.

Leftover Pizza: hey it’s got dairy (cheese), fruit (tomato sauce) and carbs (whole wheat crust) and the occasional protein (some kid of meat)

Lastly, he LOVES the frozen Wymans blueberries and eats a bowl of them (still frozen) almost every morning.

Pardon me while I puke.gif

#5 of 8 Old 12-19-2004, 03:41 AM

French toast - every day. We are in a rut.
proudMoMmy2634 likes this.
#6 of 8 Old 12-19-2004, 08:49 AM

Scrambled eggs with cheese. Toast with a 'dip' of peanut butter loosened up the some milk. Oatmeal sweetened with applesauce or chopped dried fruits. Bagels with cream cheese. Pancakes.
#7 of 8 Old 12-28-2004, 04:05 PM

"Whole Wheat/Flax Seed waffles: I make a big bunch every other Sunday and freeze to make own "eggos" that I can pop in the toaster."

I would love this recipe

We have been doing frozen blueberries with half and half on them or cream. Sometimes a banana too.

I am so excited Costco is carrying frozen organic blueberries. It is $6 for a three pound bag so $2 a pound, it makes organic cheap enough for us to afford and enjoy often. It seems Costco is starting to carry more organic, I saw they had milk the other day.

Stephanie married to Jerry  partners.gif  mama to  modifiedartist.gif (10) and superhero.gif(7) and 3rdtri.gif
#8 of 8 Old 01-23-2005, 02:11 AM

Cereal is out in our home (no interest), lately it's been these:

Whole wheat french toast (it's quick and easy), my girls love it.

Scrambled eggs with cheese.

Yogurt or yogurt smoothie (whatever fruit I have fresh or frozen).

Been quietly hanging around here for over 10 years.  

Tags
Food Items , Wallaby Yogurt , Kashi Golean Crunch Cereal Honey Almond Flax 15 Ounce Boxes Pack Of 4 , Kashi Golean Crunch Cereal 15 Ounce Boxes Pack Of 6

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page