Please Help! I'm a nutritional wasteland... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-22-2004, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seriously, in the 4 months since my son was born, at a time when I am providing all of his nutrition and should be eating very healthy foods I have only eaten junk that I can grab in a moment and eat while I nurse. I need healthy, inexpensive recipies that I can prepare furitively while baby sleeps and eat one handed when he wakes. Does anyone have a book recomendation? Anything will help. We eat some dairy as baby's tummy gets too upset when I eat too much. Anyone willing to take pity on me and develop a meal plan? Thanks all!
#2 of 6 Old 12-22-2004, 12:49 PM

: I've been wondering the same thing
#3 of 6 Old 12-22-2004, 12:58 PM

I'll help! What are some of the health-supporting foods that you like, and then menu-building and recipe-swapping is a bit easier.
#4 of 6 Old 12-22-2004, 01:05 PM

are you veggie or a meat eater? that makes a big difference. i think it is important to have lots of super healthy food in the house at all times- organic eggs, organic cheese, whole grain bread (we like ezekial bread), greens, tempeh (or maybe roast beef or turkey if you eat meat)- you could make yummy sandwiches with that stuff. you could make 4 or 5 ata time, and wrap them up to eat when you are hungry.

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

#5 of 6 Old 12-22-2004, 09:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Do you have a sling? If you find a good sling that's comfortable & reasonably easy to use, it'll help A LOT because you won't be restricted to foods you can prepare & eat onehanded.

Once when dd was tiny & spent most of her time in the sling, DH came home from work & pointed out to me that she had toast crumbs & jam on her head :LOL
#6 of 6 Old 12-24-2004, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

nak
thanks for the help! we eat eggs and some dairy and likeboca burgers, but no other meat-subs along those lines. we like cassaroles and i'd like to use the crockpot more. my 5 year old is a bit picky and tends to like mostly lunch type foods and cream soups - i'd like ways of preparing veggies that aren't surrounded by so much dairy and fat that a kindergartener will like. thanks so much for your help. i will try the sandwich idea, i've done it for my husbands lunches before but not just for myself.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page