NT Mamas January Thread! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-01-2005, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The brownies were scrumptiliicious! If that is even a word!

I was so excited about them when they were done I was stuttering! Moist and firm, sweet but not too sweet, and incredibley satisfying!

Now the possibilities for tweaking the recipe are endless. I am going to start by adding spirulina powder and a kefir tea for the liquid instead of water.

Mmmm...I highly recommend the recipe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2005, 01:21 AM

Hey gals. I've missed you all. Welcome to the new moms. I am working hard here in our little mountain hide-away, pretty much the sole breadwinner right now as my husband works on his asthma. I pop in an read here and there but have almost no on-line time for pleasure activities. I miss you all.

I am finally putting some of my kefir grains to work on some fruit drink concoctions, inspired by all of you water-kefir gals. I think my husband can use any vitamins or minerals (and liquid too) that he can manage. THis will be an additional fun way for him to consume it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toraji
Wow, me too! Even before the depression I struggled with poor self image and defensiveness. I had a really hard time dealing with criticism and instead of facing my problems I'd just bury my feelings and hide in my hole. Lately I've been feeling strong and confident, and much more able to deal with my issues.
me three. wow. Lately, I have felt like I could do anything. In fact, I took a big fall on Sunday after bringing in eight wheel barrow loads on firewood. I went out to get some starter wood, sun wasn't up yet, hit an icy stair and flew head first down the railroad tie stairs. My shin and chin bore the brunt of the fall. I took an inventory, had all of my teeth and limbs, got up and got the starter wood and went to the chiro the next day. My reaction was definitely part of this new me -- I was amazed at my body's musculature in being able to recover so easily. I didn't cry, was a bit shaken at first, and then a bit proud. It's pretty cool.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

Old 02-02-2005, 04:29 PM

Can I start a new February thread? I know I'm new, but I was just thinking this thread is getting really long! Anyway, I'll start one and see if anyone want's to come on over. Here's a link:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=245038

User Tag List