Looking for CREATIVE snack ideas - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-07-2002, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love surprising the kids on my children's baseball/soccer teams when it is our kid's turn to bring the team snack. (Our daughter is 7 yrs. and our son is 9 yrs.) But, this year it seems I'm beginning to run out of ideas. :

If you have any ideas or if you know of any websites that have clever snack ideas, please e-mail me when you can.

My e-mail address is:
AscrapbookAddict@aol.com
I know kids aren't fussy, but I just like to make snack time fun and exciting for them.

Our soccer teams all get fruit at 1/2 time, then an after game snack AND drink.

I usually do fruit kabobs for 1/2 time that have been a huge hit!! (Cantaloup, watermelon, green and red grapes, strawberries, etc.), using those red, plastic, coffee stirrers/straws instead of toothpicks since they aren't as pointed. The kids love them.

I love finding clever ideas that are fun to look at as well as to eat. Here's some things I've made in the past:
Cake filled ice cream cones,
Blue Jell-O in Clear cups with gummy worms coming out of them and crushed graham cracker crumbs on the bottom (pretend sand).
Cup cakes frosted white and then I used thin red licorice to make it look like a baseball.
Made some popcorn balls and put them in clear cellophane bags that had a soccer design on them from a party good store.

My mind is going blank, I'll post more as I remember, to give other moms/dads ideas that work just as well in lunches too. : )

I REALLY appreciate your time! Hope everyone is having a very "blessed" day today!!
#2 of 4 Old 09-07-2002, 02:44 PM

The book "Super Baby Food" by Ruth Yaron has lots of fun snack ideas in the back - it is probably available at your local library. I highly recommend it!
#3 of 4 Old 09-08-2002, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I'll check at our local library and see if they have it. Thanks for taking the time to share that with me.
#4 of 4 Old 09-17-2002, 09:13 PM

Hoping you'll get some more responses in our Good Eating forum...

Sierra

I'm pro-adoption reform, but not anti-adoption.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page