Mothering Forum banner

What's the best pre-packaged food?

2K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  serenetabbie 
#1 ·
A flipside to the thread on the worst.....

Do you have any favourite pre-packaged foods you indulge in?

Here are a few of my fave:

Gorilla O's - organic wheat o's cereal with a hint of cinnamon
Casbah Foods Lemon & Spinach cous-cous
Renee's no-preservatives dressings and dips

Your turn!

#4 ·
THere are several cereals we love. Kashi Heart Smart, Optimum Organic, and Gorilla Munch for my daughter.

Also, we've bought a couple of organic pizzas from Trader Joes which are surprisingly good as well. Not as good as homemade, but good for when we're in a time crunch.

I buy Annie's pasta and cheese for my daughter and add broccoli to it. She loves it.

We also buy Soy Delicious Chocolate Velvet icecream. Yummy!

#5 ·
Gardenburgers

ramen noodles (I know, they are not healthy! I found out I like Thai Kitchen Instant Rice Noodles almost as well, and now I have a big pack of rice noodles [more environmental than those little envelopes] and I'm trying to figure out how to season them yummily.)

various cold cereals

frozen and canned vegetables--such a great timesaver!!!

#8 ·
Amy's Enchiladas They have black bean tofu and cheese. Both equally yummy. And marie Calenders turkey Pot Pies. Of questionable nutrative value but yummy none the less.

#9 ·
Hmmmmm......
Are we talking about favorites that are nutritious, or the nutritionally bankrupt stuff? (When I was growing up, we had very little pre-packaged food in the house, so now I love it all!)

-Fantastic Foods big instant soup cups (Oh, the Minestrone w/couscous)
-Budget Gourmet Stir Fried Rice & Vegetables
-Ben & Jerry's
-Near East Tomato & Lentils coucous
-Bear Creek Tortilla Soup
-Morningstar Farms "Buffalo Wings" w/bleu cheese dip
-Morningstar Farms Black Bean burgers
-Mother's Peanut Butter Bumpers cereal
-lilyka, those turkey pot pies *are* good! Avoid the fat content information at all costs!
-Stouffers turkey & stuffing dinner
-Prego Garden Combination spaghetti sauce
-Brownie mixes!

Can anyone point me in the direction of a really good frozen vegetarian egg roll?

#12 ·
I love the fantastic foods stuff! have you tryed the galic/onion dip mix? yummmmmmm

we also really like Annies Mac and cheese. we have the rabbit seal of approval on our fridge

and i really like the black bean morningstar burgers too.
another pre packaged item we have on hand all the time is veggie refried beans in a can. the kids love them with a bit of cheese in a crunchy taco shell.....quick and easy lunch alternative to leftovers or PB & J.
I cannot wait to go to trader joes the next time i visit the ILs (ohhh! thats tommorrow!)

#13 ·
Here's my list...

I love Amy's enchiladas and pesto pizza with brocolli.

Silk chocolate soy milk is soooo addictive...Almond milk too

Nut butters

Veggie,pirate and fruit booty

whole foods 365 natural chocolate chunk bars~~~~sooo yummy and 10 grams of protein.

Morningstar veggie bacon strips

whole foods sells the best veggie buffalo wings~~~so spicy but I can't remeber the brand.

tofu...tempeh

Thanks for this fun and interesting thread
Melanie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.