Mothering Forum banner

ways to eat nutella

3K views 46 replies 30 participants last post by  Sandrine 
#1 ·
somebody give me some different ideas for eating Nutella, I'm just braindead I guess.

#6 ·
Ok, first of all, different from what? I put it on toast with butter. How 'bout with banana? Or peanut butter... crackers... apple... I'll come back if I think of more. I
Nutella btw, I grew up on the stuff but I'm making myself take a break from it at the moment because I can seriously eat a whole jar in like less than a week, but I can live vicariously thru you, right?

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfmama
hmmm...this one just came to me

I think it would be great for certain types of games

The consistency is so nice and thick--regular chocolate syrup can be so drippy and messy. Nutella would be more like body paint.

you get the prize for the best suggestion
I'll have to take this one up with dp.

#17 ·
Do you know that Rapunzel makes an organic chocolate hazelnut spread? Tastes like Nutella, although I think the texture may be slightly different (it's been a long time since I've had Nutella so I don't remember for sure). No hydrogenated oils in it, either, which I think Nutella contains, and the sugar in it is Rapadura (whole cane sugar, not refined). Not to rain on your Nutella parade, just thought you'd like to know. The Rapunzel kind is awesome.

#22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AJP
Do you know that Rapunzel makes an organic chocolate hazelnut spread? Tastes like Nutella, although I think the texture may be slightly different (it's been a long time since I've had Nutella so I don't remember for sure). No hydrogenated oils in it, either, which I think Nutella contains, and the sugar in it is Rapadura (whole cane sugar, not refined). Not to rain on your Nutella parade, just thought you'd like to know. The Rapunzel kind is awesome.
THANK YOU!!!
Since we went refined sugar free, this is one of the things I have seriously missed. Not that we bought it that often... but Nutella has been the butt of many jokes and inside humour among my friends for the better part of a decade - I'd hate to give it up, just for old time's sake. :-D I MUST try to find this Rapunzel stuff. Do they sell it in Canada, do you know? Do they have a website?

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by littleteapot
THANK YOU!!!
Since we went refined sugar free, this is one of the things I have seriously missed. Not that we bought it that often... but Nutella has been the butt of many jokes and inside humour among my friends for the better part of a decade - I'd hate to give it up, just for old time's sake. :-D I MUST try to find this Rapunzel stuff. Do they sell it in Canada, do you know? Do they have a website?
Here's one link where you can buy it (I haven't shopped there, it was just the first one that came up on Froogle): http://www.shopnatural.com/Merchant2...ogle&qtk=19461

The Rapunzel site is http://www.rapunzel.com, but I don't think you can order directly from them.

If you shop at a natural foods store that carries other Rapunzel products, they might be able to special order it for you.

#26 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AJP
Here's one link where you can buy it (I haven't shopped there, it was just the first one that came up on Froogle): http://www.shopnatural.com/Merchant2...ogle&qtk=19461

The Rapunzel site is http://www.rapunzel.com, but I don't think you can order directly from them.

If you shop at a natural foods store that carries other Rapunzel products, they might be able to special order it for you.
I went to their website, and their store locator, and found out they retail out of an organic co-op mere MINUTES from where we're about to move! :-D
I also found out that by joining the coop I can get tons of organic produce at really great prices, and they also run a series of environmental causes that I feel passionately about. I've been looking for something like that for AGES!

It's chocolately-hazelnut FATE!!!

HAIL NUTELLA!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.