any good soup recipe for leftovers? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-24-2002, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
there is only dh and i that eat the food i cook, so i usually have a lot of leftovers. i was wondering if anyone had a good soup recipe for leftover
butternut squash, potatoes, leeks, all cooked together and are soft, and then tonight i am making raost beef with carrots celery and potatos, so i was thinking of putting them together for soup, would that work? is there anything special i should do or so i just add them all together? ( i once tried just adding things to a pot for soup, it really stunk and i couldn't stomache the taste)....also, any tips for how to keep roast beef moist for eating later?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2002, 12:03 AM

hmmm....with that stuff i would make a pot pie. i make extra gravy the first night. chop the roast, carrots, and celery into small bits. make a pie crust to fit whatever dish you will use (top and bottom crust)...i use a 2 qt square pan. put in the filling, pour gravy over it, and add top crust. vent. bake until the crust is done and filling is hot...in my oven about 20 minutes on 350 f.
Soups....I would make the pot pie filling, add water and bullion or beef stock to thin to taste...... and perhaps a grain or noodles. we like barley with beef. the tightwad gazzette has a great basic soup recipe in it.
if the other veggies are soft, they may fall apart in the soup, kwim? a better thing to do with the squash/leeks/potatoes may be to make a twice baked casserole with cheese on top or something along those lines.
good luck!

The Tabbie Family; DH , DS , DD , a few :, a couple : and me.
Old 09-26-2002, 02:55 AM - Thread Starter

those sound good. but how do you make a twice bakes casserole? do you add cheese,and noodles?

User Tag List