I can't believe I did this (and pulled it off!) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-25-2002, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yesterday a neighbor couple whom I didn't even know before stopped by to introduce themselves and they offered me a whole grocery bag full of apples from their trees! So today I decided to surprise dh and bake an apple pie, something I've done exactly once before in my life (with good results). I was having a terrible time with the crust; couldn't get it to roll out without sticking to the rolling pin and breaking up. Finally I got a bottom crust made and I started to assemble the filling. I was in a hurry looking all over for cinnamon and nutmeg in the spice cupboard, and I found the nutmeg and something that looked like cinnamon, and dumped them in with sugar, flour etc for the filling. When I got everything together I set the pie aside to bake later. Before I put the pie in the oven I was cleaning the counter and saw two spice containers I had left out: nutmeg and CELERY SALT!!!! Of course I panicked but the pie wasn't in the oven yet so I ripped apart the top crust and sprinkled cinnamon all over the top of the $%&* thing. Well, it smelled okay while baking and I decided to go ahead and serve it, with the warning to dh that it probably wasn't like my grandma's apple pie. Dh thought it was delicious!!! I decided not to confess my "secret ingredient" .
#2 of 3 Old 09-25-2002, 03:43 AM

Thanks for the laugh! I am glad things worked out.
I like to go by the motto:
If it tastes good, eat it!
(of course, it has to be veggie)

Mir
#3 of 3 Old 09-25-2002, 09:37 PM

thanks for the giggle
glad it was good!

The Tabbie Family; DH , DS , DD , a few :, a couple : and me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page