The Master Cleanse? (lemonade diet) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-02-2005, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain optimism
This is why I was ambivalent, because of testimonials about various ailments going away. But now I wonder, did your cyst go away because you were less active while fasting? It seems from what I see on the web about ganglion cysts that they are exacerbated by physical activity. If you fast more than 72 hours, your energy goes down and you have to rest.
No. I continued to run and do yoga while fasting. I generally see an energy drop around day 2-3, but nothing unsurmountable. When you are fasting for cleansing, it's important to keep exercising to help clear the toxins out of your system. I also don't want to lose any muscle while fasting.

I generally run 1-2 miles, we aren't talking marathon training
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2005, 05:18 PM

Well, I'm not talking about calories. I was refering to mineral and vitamin content. Much of 'over eating' is cause by the body's desire to continue eating until the much needed micro nutrient levels are met.

SO basically you are 'fat' but starving. (David Wolfe, "Eating for Beauty") explains this in some detail. It's the whole 'empty calorie' theory. Like drinking a soda pop (plenty of calories in that) but it's nutritionally devoid, so you keep drinking to to sake a thirst you will never quence...

Also, I'm not suggesting anyone 'live' off this 'Master Cleanse' for the rest of their life....THAT would be plain stupid and I can't even understand why you even suggest I would suggest that??? It is a temporary thing, ERGO, why it's called a FAST, not a 'WAY OF EATING' for life....

I highly think the Nourishing Traditions Diet is Great for some people, and I also support Vegan/Vegetarian Diets. I think we all need to find what works for us, to get those most valuable micro-nutrients in our body. I find good in all things, in moderation, for our personal body's needs. I have a theory (which I'll not go into here) about why I think a Vege or Omni diet works well for some people and it has nothing to do with blood types or any of the 'popular' reasons to do either.

I'm 'experimenting' with the Vegan Diet, to be able to create healthful recipes for the benefit of others, that chose this path. I experiment with NT eating to do the same. I am 'experimental' in general, so that I can 'walk the walk' and then 'talk the walk' and see what it does for my body. I share my results, as the 'little scientist' inside of me documents much of what I 'experiment' with.

I believe the 'lemonade' works the way it does, because though it is acidic on the pH scale, it's an alkaline forming food.

Most of us (vegan and omni) are highly acidic. The body is designed to work slightly 'akaline'. People that smoke, drink caffeine, alcoholic drinks or do recreational drugs are craving the 'instant alkaloid' effect as they are in an acidic state from years of abuse or eating incorrectly balanced foods.

The 'Master Cleanse' is a quick way to 'balance' those cravings and help 'detox' from the effects of abuse to their system.

I don't do any of the above, with the exception of having drank caffeine tea for alot of my younger life. Even eating a 'normal' diet with seed/grain (bread products), meat or processed (canned, preserved) foods can lead to this acidic state. The MC quickly helps to rebalance and 'restore' the alkaline balance.

Once off this temporary cleanse, I would suggest incorporating many more 'alkaline foods' into the diet to help restore and maintain this 'balance'.

For this reason (and having eaten mucus forming and acidic foods) I undertook the 'MC' experience. I have had no negative effects, feel great, and if I hadn't been stupid enough to eat some ice cream, I'd still be 'sinus clear'.

Time will tell. I don't put much weight into what I read on mainstream medical sites...or there would be no sick people if what they preach worked.

I DO read, and then read some more and then see what others experiences have been. Then I 'ponder' what I have read. I put two and two together.

The only negative stuff I have read, currently about the MC, is because of not following the directions exactly or because of some other medical issue that needs to be addressed and taken into consideration.

I'm doing it so I can speak from a point of personal experience. I have done fruit and juice fasts in the past, and they work too. They didn't work like the MC did or has.

I'd be happy to discuss the 'whys' I think it works as well and the way it does, but you sound like your mind is made up already.
That's fine.
So don't do it...why are you here trying to pick at us? We just want to express our results and findings for having tried or done this. If you are afraid of what it might do for you, then the cleanse probably won't work for you. Alot of what is done, needs to be undertaken with the correct 'mind set'. It's ok...find another cleanse, if you are trying to find a 'perfect' cleanse for your body and needs.

Edit to add:

Yes, fat stores develop when you binge on too much at one meal, or over a period of time when you eat more than you burn off. But, the fat is where your body stores toxins (from food, air, water). It's encapsulated in the fatty tissues. This is to protect the body.

So, even if you are a fairly thin person, but started getting exposed to alot of toxins via your environement, food, etc....Just flexing the muscle in your arm *ie, even typing* can build up an excess of your own body's cellular toxic by-products (ATP, Lactic acids, etc). This also will be 'encapsulated' and you will retain water until your body can flush it out. (The 'pumped up look' is there because of water retention, NOT your muscles staying 'flexed')

The body's first response is to try to 'dilute' that toxin (hold onto water) so that it is less harmful to the body.

Secondly, the body will try to encapsulate it in a layer of fatty tissue, 'holding' it there until it has time to dispose of it appropriately.

However, most people will have continual exposure to 'toxins' from those sources and the body never gets a 'rest' to basically 'take out the garbage'. So your body holds on to more 'fat stores' and water (bloating) trying to prevent any harmful chemicals or by products from harming healthy tissues.

Fasting allows the body to 'take out the garbage' in many of these 'toxic dumpsites' the body retains.

Sometimes, when a person has a certain amount of 'fatty tissue' and 'water bloat' built up, it makes them feel very ill if they start out doing a 'detox fast' quickly. Those toxins are released and circulate in the bloodstream and try to get out of the body as fast as possible (another reason I suggest using chlorella, it binds with many toxic chemicals and will pass out the digestive system harmlessly). There have been tests done that show people pass ALOT of mercury and other heavy metals in their BMs, when taking chlorella.

Much of this was taught to me in my pre-med classes. I have alot of medical reference books and you can find most of this information on many health oriented sites.

Old 05-02-2005, 05:45 PM
cjr

I think captain optimism has some good points and some valid concerns. I also had concerns and that's why I asked for opinions in another thread.

Personally I do believe that the body is full of toxins and that those toxins can really make us feel like crap. I believe a lot of people are "bunged" up and the excess stuff in our bowl do leach out into our organs and tissues, and can cause a whole host of issues within the body. For example my sister has a bm once a week, she has got to be the most unhealthy looking person I have ever met. I tend to pick on her here because she really lives a terrible lifstyle. Just in what she eats and how she treats her body. She went into the hospital for a bowl scope and even after several enema's they still could not complete the scope because she was so compacted. That can't be good.

For me I have hormonal problems and pms. I should not have these problems. There is nothing wrong with me, but every month I struggle with issues. I have cronic dry lips and pasty mouth. Again, nothing is wrong with me and despite drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day it doesn't go away. I excersize and eat a very healthy diet (now I do).

I have issues with the MC/Juice cleanse/water cleanse. It does look like a crash diet. However, a crash diet still consists of eating. A cleanse is not. Your digestive system is actually asleep and if you do eat it will wake up. The lemonaide, juice with no pulp and water don't need to be digested the way fiberous foods do. When cleansing your body does not eliminate healthy tissue or stored vitamins and minerals. Your body goes into a state of rest. The lemonade/juice gives you enough energy to keep doing your everyday activities, but it still allows your body to rest and heal internal problems. This is what I have gotten out of everything I have read about fasting and cleansing.

The whole idea is not to resume a bad way of eating, but rather eat a healthier diet of fruits/vegetables/bean/legumes and some grains. Most crash dieters diet and then immediately start eating the crap again. A cleanse is better suited for someone wanting to live a healthier life and get rid of the cravings and adictions their body has to sugars and not so good for you foods.

I'm also one who tries everything at least once. I was a big advocate of NT until I started really researching into saturated fats and salt. I still agree with a lot of NT philosophy to some extent. I kind of take a little from here and a little from there until I have a healthy lifestyle best suited for me.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Also, I'm not suggesting anyone 'live' off this 'Master Cleanse' for the rest of their life....THAT would be plain stupid and I can't even understand why you even suggest I would suggest that??? It is a temporary thing, ERGO, why it's called a FAST, not a 'WAY OF EATING' for life.
EXACTLY! Its meant to be done for a short amount of time in order to cleanse the body, change habits, and have a sort of "fresh start" on a eating healthy. I'm sure most of us have some fat reserves so we can handle a little weight loss.

I suppose if you had a history of anorexism or you were severely underweight then NO a fast would not be a good idea.

However for most of us its going to be way more healthy than that Big Mac and Fries that so many people consume daily...
Old 05-02-2005, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjr
For example my sister has a bm once a week, she has got to be the most unhealthy looking person I have ever met. I tend to pick on her here because she really lives a terrible lifstyle. Just in what she eats and how she treats her body. She went into the hospital for a bowl scope and even after several enema's they still could not complete the scope because she was so compacted. That can't be good.
: Holy moly! Poor girl...and even that hasn't caused her to change her lifestyle?!?!
Old 05-02-2005, 06:26 PM
cjr

Nope, it did not. She is the most "blind" person you will ever meet. She believes what she wants to because it's easiest for her. She was told to go on a gentle laxative, but she didn't like the taste so wouldn't do it. She has numerous medical conditions such as vein disorders and blood clots, she has had a full hystorectamy (sp?) at the age of 30, she is overweight and has continuous bowl problems. She eats a diet full of fat, sugar and processed foods. I onced asked her to babysit ds for 3 hours at my home. I got back and she bragged about taking him for a nice long walk because she walks everyday. However, she walked to the 7-11 for a slurpie, chips and a candy bar because I didn't have anything to eat in the house. I always have lots to eat, it's just not crap.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I'm thinking of doing a modified MC. I am underweight, 105lbs, and bfing a 2 year old, my reasons for doing this is for my liver. I spent years on antibiotics as a child, and my liver is still struggling to heal,I would like toTTC soon, and want to take care of this before another pg. I went to my ND yesterday, and this is what she suggested for me: 3 days of the blood type diet, 3 days of fruit and veggies with one protein shake a day, 3 days of the MC with 1-2 protein shakes a day, followed by 3 more days of the blood type diet. During this I am to take Trphala which is an Ayurvedic herb not found in health food stores (because of the bfing) and Natrum sulph in my water. This is not an ideal cleanse, but what my ND thinks my body can handle, I thought I would share with others.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:04 PM

I think that it is always wonderful to hear ALL sides of a topic and actually I am quite glad when they are brought up. However, when it is done in a mean way, a way that personally attacks someone without getting the facts straight, then I have to speak up.

Mothering is about learning new things EVEN if they go against what you believe or think. Not about attacking others because they have a different point of view.

Captain optimism thank you for bringing in some of your good facts, but shame on you for the mean words you wrote about/towards the other moms on this board. I am sure most would like to hear facts or ideas about a topic even if it goes against what they originally thought.

When something is presented in such a mean way it really takes the legitimacy out of what is said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain optimism
I am finding this thread kind of shocking. I am over my initial ambivalence and now feel REALLY skeptical. First, I don't get how this is a detoxification. It really seems like a crash diet. It sounds like Xenabyte has lost a lot of weight by basically not eating anything for a couple of weeks (you said you did the MC for 7 days and then only o.j. for another week.) That to me is just an old-fashioned crash diet, especially since in writing about it you mention how many clothing sizes you've dropped and have gradually forgotten to even mention your sinuses.

Other people, including the OP and Iwearredsocks, describe getting sick while trying to fast for days and days. Gosh, this does not suprise me at all! Irritable, eh?
Old 05-03-2005, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjr
Nope, it did not. She is the most "blind" person you will ever meet. She believes what she wants to because it's easiest for her. She was told to go on a gentle laxative, but she didn't like the taste so wouldn't do it. She has numerous medical conditions such as vein disorders and blood clots, she has had a full hystorectamy (sp?) at the age of 30, she is overweight and has continuous bowl problems. She eats a diet full of fat, sugar and processed foods. I onced asked her to babysit ds for 3 hours at my home. I got back and she bragged about taking him for a nice long walk because she walks everyday. However, she walked to the 7-11 for a slurpie, chips and a candy bar because I didn't have anything to eat in the house. I always have lots to eat, it's just not crap.

CJR, that is really sad, I have a sister that is in the same boat. (I have 4 sisters) It's horrible and makes me very sad.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cornersmamma
Captain optimism thank you for bringing in some of your good facts, but shame on you for the mean words you wrote about/towards the other moms on this board. I am sure most would like to hear facts or ideas about a topic even if it goes against what they originally thought.

When something is presented in such a mean way it really takes the legitimacy out of what is said.
This whole thread upset me quite a lot, and I have to say that I am generally pretty careful not to be "mean." I went back and edited out a lot of what I had put up here, but left in the stuff about the potential risks of gallstones from rapid weight loss and my calculations about how many calories a day you would be injesting if you did this. (Mainly because I am so bad at arithmetic that I can't stand to take down something that took multiplication and division skills! hah. )

Say you did the cleanse for 10 days, as most people are attempting. That would mean that for ten days, you would be eating about 800 calories a day (roughly) taking senna leaf, a powerful laxative, and also drinking salt water as another laxative. Could this potentially throw off your sodium/potassium balance? You know, like Terri Schiavo? I mean, you aren't eating anything and you are drinking salt water. Didn't she have a heart attack from messing with that balance? I don't know, maybe the sodium in the salt water helps that?

Reading this thread has freaked me out because I am worried that you folks are doing something that is potentially harmful to your bodies, all in the name of health. I would be happy to be wrong.

Divorced mom of one awesome boy born 2-3-2003.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:48 PM

Aw, Capt, we know you just care about us all.

Two things. Without going into the chemistry (and a WHOLE LOT of arithmetic) the salt-water flush is more or less an isotonic solution--meaning that it isn't hypertonic or hypotonic. Due to osmosis, a hypertonic solution (too much salt) could cause "salt poisoning" (although it would have to be a lot for an adult...certainly more than one could drink to taste). A hypotonic (too little salt) solution would have the opposite effect and serve to leach sodium out of the cells. Again, this would have to be a severe consumption of water...sometimes the issue is even called "water poisoning." An isotonic solution just breezes on by without disrupting the osmotic effect of cells.

Here is a link medically describing the two.

Babies have died from the inclusion of too much salt in their formula, and children have been killed (literally) in a similar manner. You can Google salt poisoning and find several instances. I recall there was a girl who presumably died from taking Ecstacy and her father went on TV, railed about the injustice of it all, when it was actually the fact that his DD could not quench her thirst (due to the effects of X) and literally drank herself to death with water.

The other point, is that the body itself goes into a self-induced fasting mode when one is sick. One's appetite decreases in varying amounts so the body can spend more of its resources on getting well rather than just day-to-day maintenance. Loss of appetite is a hallmark of illness of many kinds. The body knows to slow or stop the consumption of food when one is sick. Obviously, this will vary widely, but the overall tends to be true.

And, I am listening to my body. I have not attempted a fast before (except for those times in high school when I HAD to fit into a new outfit...ugh : ) and now my body was telling me, two and a half days into it, that I had done enough and it was time to back off for now. So, I've had a salad today. I am tandem nursing, so my calorie needs are pretty significant. I listened to my body, and broke my fast. I will do another one (2-3 days) in a few weeks.

I *do* completely see where some folks can go overboard and do themselves harm. But I think most of the mamas here are pretty smart cookies and particularly good at "hearing" when their body speaks.

An Official, Approved Signatureâ¢
Old 05-03-2005, 09:25 PM
cjr

Well, my body said "enough lady" after 3/4 of the first day. :LOL I had a headache and I'm a wimp. I am still doing my herbal cleansing kit and I think it's really helping. My forehead has broken out and I have had my menstral cycle for 5 days, which is an all time record for me. Usually my cycle is over within a day, two at the most...it's pretty awfull. So far I'm happy with the herbal support cleanse. I think I just need my food. I eat very well and my diet is pretty cleansing in itself. This morning I had a fruit smoothie with salad in it. For lunch split pea soup loaded with greens, 1/2 bottle of tea/juice, 2 whole raw carrots, a handful of peanuts, and a teechino latte with soymilk...no sweetener/sugar. Tonight it's a greek stuffed wrap (no feta) and watermellon.

Those having trouble with a fasting cleanse may want to try a herbal support cleanse.

captain optimism - the mama's here know you are concerned. I personally believe there is more to a fast than what it looks like on the surface. I do not agree with doing a cleanse in the same month. That is something that has never been recomended in any reading I have done. Your comments are very good and I am glad you posted them.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:47 PM

I’m still running my usual 2-3 miles(two days on, one day off, repeat) & doing 15 pull-ups w/ leg raises every morning. This is the end of my second full day of pre-cleansing. Tomorrow I’m doing one SWF in the morning, then will only include water, lemon juice, organic flaxseeds & a 1/2 tsp honey in the smoothie recipe. These past two days have been a pre-detox, which works for my body. I also like to eliminate coffee by one cup each day to avoid withdrawal headaches (normally drink 1-3 c. organic coffee daily). I’ll keep this updated, going for 7-10 days depending on how my body & mind are reacting by day 7.

* On a sidenote, every BODY is different from each other (eating habits, history, overall health/attitude, meds/no meds, etc)… so why would/could any one particular fast or cleanse benefit everyone? Its extremely important (& end results are better) to listen to your body, figure out exactly what you want to accomplish, read read read, then keep monitoring your own body & if something feels exceptionally off while cleansing, stop or alter the cleanse or try another. I think I’ve read that losing more than 7 lbs per week is supposedly very unhealthy(?) – but I have not read much about that part of fasting b’c it’s not my personal reason for "fasting"… I do more of a cleansing/balancing detox & rejuvination.

This thread is helpful and supportive to have here. Thx to all who’ve shared & happy cleansing! eta: C.O., I see where you're coming from... people occasionally get themselves into big trouble by not reading enough or misunderstanding or they begin & end a fasting abruptly or they simply don't listen to their bodies & push themselves way too far. The posters here don't strike me as uneducated about the whole process & reasoning behind doing a cleanse or even a fast. But, I do hear you & say thanks for raising that caution... maybe it will save someone a bit of struggle, by urging them to read before just jumping in. Fasting & cleansing do need to be taken seriously by the fastee(?).

DAY ONE:

Smoothie 1
-------------
2 tbs yeastPLUS powder
1 banana
1/2 c. organic cranberry juice
1 tbs honey
water& ice

throughout day:
water – 4 glasses?
DeTox tea – 1 cup
Organic coffee – 2 cups

Smoothie 2
------------
6 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs organic flaxseeds
1 organic apple
1 tbs honey
water& ice

* vitamins
= overall feeling good. Slight hunger in the evening, passed quickly. Elimination regular - urination normal.
------------------------------------------

DAY TWO:

Smoothie 1 (had two of this one today)
------------
6 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs organic flaxseeds
1 organic apple
1/4 c. organic cranberry juice
1 tbs honey
water& ice

throughout day:
water – 4-6 glasses?
DeTox tea – 1 cup
Carrot juice – 1/4 cup
Organic coffee – 1 cup

* vitamins
= Overall feeling good / internally lighter. Hunger throughout the day. Slight headache, not painful enough to medicate, it went away after running&hot shower. Elimination normal - urination frequent.
-----------------------------------------------------

DAY THREE - Last night I had another slight headache while falling asleep, but remedied it by doing a few relaxation asanas (yoga poses) and sniffing some lavender & rose oils. Drifted right to sleep, slept pretty solid & woke up feeling quite good. I did the SWF in the a.m. - 1 liter water w/ 3TSP pure seasalt... umm, well, it was an interesting experience to say the least :LOL I'd not included a SWF ever before today in a cleanse & was a bit surprised at the speed of effectiveness!!

So, on to day three...

DAY THREE:

SWF - 1 ltr water w/ 3tsp natural pure seasalt
*waited two hours before drinking the "smoothie" but had a glass of cold water while flushing

Smoothie 1 (had two of these today)
------------
4 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs organic flaxseeds
1/2 tbs honey
water& ice

throughout day:
water – 4-6 glasses?
DeTox tea – 1 cup
cayenne pepper in water - (2 cups water, 1/8 tsp c.pepper)

* vitamins
= Overall feeling very good / internally lighter still. Glad I didn't break down & eat my dp's amazing pasta that he made last night . Light hunger throughout the day so far. Slight headache after drinking the SWF but it disappeared very quickly, annoying but not painful enough to medicate. Elimination normal in the a.m. before drinking the SWF, then after the SWF it was straight liquid for about two hours, then nothing more yet - urination frequent.
---------------------------------------------------------

DAY FOUR - Last night was REEEEEAALLLLY difficult. I felt tired too early & I ended up eating an organic carrot - it was the first day w/o any coffee as well, so maybe that was the cause? I slept well & woke up feeling good.
On to day four...

DAY FOUR:

SWF - 1 ltr water w/ 3tsp natural pure seasalt
*waited two hours before drinking the "smoothie" but had a glass of cold water while flushing

Smoothie (had two of these today) excluded flaxseeds for remaining days
------------
4 tbs lemon juice
1/2 tbs honey
water& ice

throughout day:
water – 4-6 glasses?
DeTox tea – 1 cup
cayenne pepper in water - (2 c water, 1 full tsp c.pepper) once in a.m & once in p.m.

* vitamins
= Overall feeling very good / internally lighter still. No noted hunger throughout the day so far. Same slight headache after drinking the SWF which again disappeared very quickly, did not medicate. Elimination after the SWF was at first just the carrot from last night , then only (gross, sorry!) yellowish but clean looking liquid sporadically for about an hour afterward, then nothing further - urination quite frequent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm doing a seven day ceanse... so thought I'd leave the experience in detail but its getting pretty long! Please OP, let me know if you want me to move mine to another thread

"When the external begins to define the internal, instead of the internal defining the external, one begins living as a mortal rather than as a universal being." ~ unknown
Old 05-04-2005, 08:17 PM

I have been following this thread-I had heard of this cleanse, but never took the time to look it up.
I was just wondering if someone can spell it out, very simply for me.... I know there are links posted, but as I look around at different sites, I am getting different information...and I'm usually trying to read these with a 2 yr old literally jumping on me.
I would love to see a daily schedule w/the mixes posted. Would anyone be wiling to do that?
Again, I'm sorry-I feel like the kid asking to copy homework, I'm just looking for some help.
Thanks.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:03 AM

yes i have done it and it was awesome! i've never felt better in my entire life. in some ways i can't wait to be done being pregnant and nursing so i can get back at it!

first fast i did 10 days, the following year i did 23. the 23 day one was the best...although this was pre-kids so i just removed myself when it was meal time for the first 4 or 5 days. by about day 6 i was able to make my husbands meals without any desire to eat. i had rough days on day 10 and 15 where i felt lousy and just wanted to sleep, other then that i had more energy then i've had ever. plus it frees up so much of your time not having to make or eat food, it's really neat.

I've also done colon therapy, parasite cleanses, liver cleanses and kidney cleanses (as per Hulda Clark). It kind of all went hand in hand.

hth

wendy
canada
Old 05-05-2005, 01:17 AM

i did this last week ( well only the water caynne and lemon) and it was great. I only did a 24 hour fast. my dad, a nmd recomended this to me also told me it will not effect bm. i now also drink 1.2 tsp of cyanne in water 2xs a day, with no ill effects with baby. it cures a migrane in 3 minutes!
Old 12-23-2005, 10:39 PM

I tried this cleanse but got bad heartburn after a couple days. I would like to try again.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:05 AM

I just cannot do the Sea salt thing. Tryed it this morning but kept comming back up..you know what I mean...
I hope I can still do cleanse without it
Old 05-23-2006, 11:10 AM

You may not like this option...but you could do a salt water enema...I can't take the salt water either :Puke They also say you can just drink the tea twice a day instead. I just started a 10 Cleanse today...
Old 09-02-2013, 04:17 PM

Hi there... I'm new to this thread.. but not to this diet.  My sister is a RN and she has done this diet, as have I.  I also know others in my neighborhood who have tried it as well.  I lost my baby weight after my second child doing the Lemonade diet.  It is VERY refreshing and as for your concerns about the salt... you do NOT use regular table salt... you have to get the Sea salt sold at most health food stores in order for you not to have any issues;  the reason for this is because sea salt doesn't have the same affect on the body as regular iodized salt, which can run up your BP and cause a host of other health problems.. I would know cus i licked a ton of it while pregnant and got edema twice lol; Sea salt doesn't have all those harmful effects on your body.  I know because I've tried it, and I'm not saying everyone is the same but this stuff is being flushed out literally a couple of hours after you drink it so it's not setting up and causing issues from absorption.  I went from 165 to 138 on that diet... and now I'm doing it again for the next month to go from 170 hopefully down to 130.  I DID NOT regain the weight afterwards.  I only gained it back when I got pregnant two more times LOL.  This isn't actually a crash diet;  the weight loss is just a side effect of detoxing.  That's why you don't gain it back unless you literally pig out.  Some people are economy cars and some are gas guzzlers... you should eat according to how your body metabolizes.  But if you'd like living proof, I am also BF'ding my 6 month old while I'm doing it this time.  He eats baby food too so he should be fine on his calorie consumption, but I will keep everyone here posted on how it goes as time progresses, as I will also be doing some walking and jogging to make the weight come off faster and build muscle.  :) Again, thanks for your concern though because at first glance, this diet DOES sound crazy.. but I promise you it isn't.. it's AMAZING, and the results are extraordinary if you have the willpower to do it.  I look at it this way.. it's only a month of my life, then I go back to eating normally and level out and I'm healthier for it because having that fat on me and four children under five to chase around is just plain HEAVY :)

Sincerely,

Mila

User Tag List