good quality bulk foods - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-24-2005, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm fed up with poor quality grains and legumes. I never buy bulk from bins anymore because I know grains quickly go rancid when exposed to air, and legumes usually look shriveled and dead. The coops here don't carry much in the way of pre-packaged stuff since they have their bins. I'm looking for a company that I can get bulk foods from where quality is consistent. Sometimes when I sort through my beans I end up throwing away almost half of it because of poor quality. I don't like to eat crunchy beans.
One company that I'm considering is Azure Standards. I haven't tried their products but from what I've seen through the packages in some stores, their grains and legumes look really healthy.
Anyone as "picky" as me who have tried this company (or any other) with satisfaction?

Josefina.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2005, 08:51 PM

I found this problem with a lot of things. So what I found that works the best is to buy like this in bulk ; not from the bins, but go to the special orders desk or just ask a clerk that you would like to buy whatever it is you want in bulk. I don't like a lot of packaging, but usually the packaging can be recycled. Anyhow, when I pick my stuff up, it's in a big box, and then inside that box are a bunch of individual boxed items of what I want. THis way it is cheeper and I get a lot so that I can share with friends or neighbors. Does this make sense? It doesn't go rancid because of how it is packaged.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:10 AM

I love Azure standard. I am sure you will be super happy with it. I can't wait to put my order in for the month.

Thanks for reminding me!!!

User Tag List