April Veg Mamas - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
First ... 4  5  6
Nutrition and Good Eating > April Veg Mamas
PikkuMyy's Avatar PikkuMyy 12:31 AM 04-29-2005
I have yet to see a HFS that doesn't carry it.

pixiexto's Avatar pixiexto 10:35 AM 04-29-2005
Kristine, I'm a transplanted Canuck myself Depending on where you live, it should be readily available at your HFS.
callmemama's Avatar callmemama 09:21 PM 04-29-2005
This probably isn't the place to post this, but since I was moaning about not being able to eat whole wheat tortillas earlier in this thread, I thought I'd put it here! I found a recipe on-line that basically said use 1 cup of *any* flour, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon optional oil. Mix, roll on a floured surface, and cook in a dry skillet. I made them with buckwheat flour today - too strong a flavor for me by itself, but good with food wrapped inside! I'm looking forward to trying it with other gf flours!
kavamamakava's Avatar kavamamakava 01:47 PM 04-30-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmin_mama
Hey Mamas...another poster suggested I check out this thread to get some support. I've been vegetarian for 12 years, and being newly Mommied I am trying for the first time in my life to be a *healthy* vegetarian (rather than what my friend deemed me - a "carboterian"). I'm having a lot of difficulty because I'm apparently a very picky eater, and I can't break out of my pasta rut.

Goin to the library today to get some vegetarian cookbooks (I have a couple but don't like most of the recipes in them :LOL ) and such. Good to join you all!
I love to find foods people like to eat. So if you tell me what flavors you like and those you don't like, I can help you come up with food ideas. My 17 yr old niece is super picky too. She won't even eat at restaurants if she thinks the meat might have touched her vegetarian food. She also won't touch fast food nor pizza unless the cheese is made with vegetable rennet. I"m able to feed her
First ... 4  5  6

Up