pumpkin question........ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-27-2002, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I baked a pumpkin the same way I bake squash - I cut it in half, scooped out the seeds, and put it in a glass baking dish with some water & covered the whole thing with foil. Came out soft & baked, as expected.........

But how to serve it? All I can think of is butter and brown sugar with cinnamon, cause I know my dh and ds will eat it that way. I used 1 cup of the cooked pumpkin for whole wheat pumpkin bread, which came out okay, but not scrumptious.

How do you use cooked pumpkins for dinnertime? (easy please - I'm a begginer)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2002, 09:19 PM

I posted about some pumpkin recipes just a little bit ago (I don't know how to link to those : ). I included some links to other websites with recipes for pumpkin. Happy cookin.
Old 10-27-2002, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

I did see your post before, and I surfed around over at food tv with those pumpkin recipies. I found a couple I might try.

Just wondering if anyone else has any easy dinner recipies for pumpkin?
Old 10-27-2002, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

And doula4women, thank you for those links - I love that web site. I especially like the Naked Chef. Partly for his cooking, and partly cause he's a hottie.
Old 10-27-2002, 11:38 PM

I love the Naked Chef too! He did a recipe once that I absolutely love and try to cook as often as possible w/a pepper salsa and spinach w/feta salad in pita. It's yummy!
Old 10-29-2002, 05:42 PM

dumb question, but are you using jack o'lantern type pumpkins? imho, they have no flavor. i like pie pumpkins for pies, and other types of squash that i can get around here better.

check out epicurious' special section on pumpkin recipes:

http://eat.epicurious.com/holiday/ha...n/pumpkin.html

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Old 10-30-2002, 02:25 AM - Thread Starter

Jane thanks for that link! I went there briefly, and will be returning later to get some of those recipies.
Old 10-31-2002, 02:39 PM

Using either pie pumkins or squash, we often make a potatoe/squash dish that is really easy. I am allergic to onions, so we don't use them, but you could add them if you like them. I cook the pumpkin/squash enough to be soft but NOT mushy and then peel it and cut it into smallish peices. I booil potatoes and cut them up similarly. I fry garlic with olive oil in a pan (this is where you could add onions) and then throw in the potatoes and squash and cook (I also add salt and black pepper). Its very easy.

m

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

User Tag List