Recipes request - low sodium / non dairy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-22-2002, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My body has gotten all funky on me the last couple of months (we're TTC and i'm convinced that my body knows it and is trying to detox itself in advance) and i've developed a dairy allergy and a huge sensitivity to Sodium. Basically means i'm unlearning the way my mother taught me to cook (lots of casseroles made with canned soups and cheese... lots of canned ingrediants) and learning how to honestly cook from scratch... so I'm looking for very low sodium recipes, with no dairy. We can do poultry and beef (as long as they're the "natural" non hormone fed stuff) but no pork. Some seafood appears to be okay, but mercury is a big question mark w/ TTC. Makes cooking kind of a challenge - so does anyone have any suggestions for recipes and/or cookbooks that would cater to this? The one cookbook i've found is an old (like from the 80's) cast off of my Mom's (she said it used too many ingrediants in the recipes) - Jane Brody's Good Food Book. Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Joy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2002, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
There is a wonderful vegan cookbook which goes real easy on the sodium and the recipes are easy and delicious. It's called "Celebration of Wellness". Also, not to float my own boat but I wrote a cookbook Simply Natural Baby Food which has lots of non dairy recipes - even cream soups and chowders made without dairy. If there is a specific kind of soup or meal that you espcially like I will, tell me and I will see if I have a nondairy low-sodium version for you.

Cathe Olson, author The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook, Simply Natural Baby Food, and LIck It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love.  

User Tag List