Could somebody tell me how to saute with water? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-29-2005, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm doing this eating thing where I can't have oil. I've heard that I should just saute in water, but I don't know if I'm doing this right. How much water? Do I season it? Seems silly, I know, but I can't quite figure it out. TIA

Mama to 3:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2005, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just throw a little water in the pan w/ whatever I'm cooking. If it all gets used up, I add a little more. Stir frequently and use a non-stick pan. The only seasonings I use are whatever I'd use for flavorings anyway. Of course, you could saute with broth or soy, too.

ex-Californian, making my way on the East Coast with DS (10), DS (6) and WAHDH. Former extended BF'er, co-sleeper, and baby-wearer. Remembering how to garden.

Old 07-29-2005, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmgarda
I just throw a little water in the pan w/ whatever I'm cooking. If it all gets used up, I add a little more. Stir frequently and use a non-stick pan. The only seasonings I use are whatever I'd use for flavorings anyway. Of course, you could saute with broth or soy, too.
what she said...but i'd add that if you have stainless steel, you will tend to have to scour more because more brown-burniness tends to end up in the pan. but the benefits outweigh the hassles, i think.
also, you can do it plain, with broth or soy or tamari like PP said or you can add more funky things to make interesting dishes without the sodium, like sesame seeds. they make a good addition to lots of veggies.

User Tag List