Waffle recipies anybody? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-30-2002, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 17 month old won't eat any fresh fruit for me, nor will he eat puree'd fruit at this point, unless it's camouflaged somehow. : But he does like waffles, so I'm wanting to try to make waffles with a lot of strawberries & other fruits in them?

Does anybody have any recipies for something like that?
#2 of 6 Old 12-01-2002, 09:48 PM

I don't have a recipe but I usually dice up fruit to put in pancakes and waffles. In the winter I will use pears with a dash of cinnamon and a bit of vanilla. Mmmmm. I've also done peaches, strawberries and apples. You could even cook any sort of berry until soft and then puree to use as a sauce. If you want something he can dip with, cook it until soft, then puree, then continue cooking until it reduces down to the consistancy you like. I go by the "just do it" school of cooking so I am not much help with recipes! Just give it a try, add a little at first and then add more if you need it, that's how I do it and I am an excellent cook!
#3 of 6 Old 12-01-2002, 10:01 PM

2 c. whole wheat pastry flour (or flour of your choice)
3 Tb. brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 c. canned pumpkin puree
1 1/2 c. milk or soymilk
2 eggs
2 Tbs. olive or veg. oil
2 Tbs. vinegar
Combine dry ingredients in bowl.
Combine wet ingredients into bowl, beating eggs in well. Mix just to combine. Heat griddle 350 degrees. These are very delicate and seem to work better if you make little cakes. You can also double the eggs and use as a waffle receipe. You can replace the pumpkin with banana, persimmon or any fruit. Enjoy!
#4 of 6 Old 12-02-2002, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter

Wow do they sound good!!! I know my toddler would eat these. But I would have to double the eggs to make waffles out of them? Jeez, I wonder how I could lower the fat so I could eat them without any guilt myself. And my dh is now watching his weight, too. We BOTH gained when I was pregnant : . (he also had to pee more often, and had backaches, and became more tired during my pg......... ).
#5 of 6 Old 12-02-2002, 04:52 AM

Actually, I forgot that I had added the extra egg already to this recipe. I guess it is the egg that makes them less likely to stick, try it with just the 2 eggs and see how it goes. With all the nice non-sick irons they have it would probably do o.k. you could always add more egg if they did stick! It makes a huge batch of batter too. You probably couldn't eat enough to even get one whole egg out of the mix! They are so delicate & good! I save the extra batter in the fridge and cook it fresh daily!
That's funny that you hubby had a 'sympathetic pregnancy' with you! I thought my hubby would too! thought I'd have to get him some bunny slippers! But he has been the 'cock of the walk'-I don't mean that obscenely either-I mean as in Rooster! But we still have 6 months to go so we'll see!
#6 of 6 Old 12-02-2002, 08:12 PM

Try mixing pureed fruit into the syrup - if you put syrup on your waffles.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page