Sick & tired of junk-food husband!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-09-2002, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dh is constantly buying junk food (oreos,ice cream,chips,corn dogs,etc). Our financial situation just isn't supporting this anymore and now the healthy foods seem to get cut out to support his crap habits. Because I can't drive he does the bulk of the shopping and because I'm the stay home mom it's his paycheck,but I am really begining to resent the situation. Especially since I am pregnant and don't want to eat crap but if there isn't much else around I end up eating it. I just needed to vent that. Thanks.
#2 of 5 Old 12-09-2002, 03:35 PM

Whew, good vent!

My partner does the same thing, drives me crazy. Really. I'm not pg now, but am trying to lose the extra 40 pounds I gained having his baby and he doesn't help.

Personally, I think they are self-centered. There. I said it.
#3 of 5 Old 12-09-2002, 04:26 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LunaMoom
because I'm the stay home mom it's his paycheck

It's only his paycheck if he is paying you for childcare and also for all the cleaning/cooking/laundry that you do and also for growing his baby!!!

He's not paying you for childcare?

He's not paying for the cooking/cleaning/laundry you do as a SAHM?

He's not paying you for growing his baby?

Then it's a paycheck that belongs to BOTH of you and it should go towards healthy food first, junk food second! It's not HIS money. It's money that belongs to both of you!!

Why don't you begin to go along on the shopping trips? INSIST that you want to come too, and pick out the healthy food that you and your growing child(ren) deserve!

Good luck and best wishes!
#4 of 5 Old 12-09-2002, 06:28 PM

I agree. Unless you are paid for the work you do at home then it is the FAMILY's paycheque.
#5 of 5 Old 12-09-2002, 06:41 PM

It is your right to eat healthily while you're pregnant! If there's money left over after the good stuff is bought, hey fine, buy a corndog or two, but the good stuff should come first!!

Any possibility you could learn how to drive (assuming that's the reason you don't drive)? I learned later in life, way after high school, myself.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page