Detox diet - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-13-2002, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm looking to detoxify my system of white flour, white sugar, processed foods, etc. at the first of the year. I will try to go organic and possibly vegetarian.

Any suggestions on a good quick detox diet. I don't think I could fast for very long. Thanks.

Kelly
#2 of 4 Old 12-13-2002, 02:22 PM

I'm actually detoxing (or attempting to) right now. My chiro put me on this meal replacement powder called Ultrainflamx. I have it for breakfast blended with almond milk and frozen fruit. Its supposed to help heal the intestinal wall so toxins cannot leak out. The second part of this plan is to avoid eating foods that contribute to the toxicity/allergy. This is the hard part for me as the dietary guidelines say to exclude wheat, oats, corn, tomatoes, peppers, white potatoes, beef, dairy, eggs, coffee, and alcohol (& of course sugar). I am now eating spelt bread and bought some spelt flour for baking. I am also going to try some of the non-wheat varieties of pasta. I am eating cooked vegetable and some salads and good protein (tofu, free range chicken). I am avoided processed foods (even flours). I also take a supplement that is supposed to kill any parasites that are lurking in my intestines. I go back to the chiro today. I've only been doing this since Monday, but already feel a lot better.

Good luck with whatever route you take.
#3 of 4 Old 12-13-2002, 03:33 PM

Hi Kelly,

Before I got pregnant I did a long cleanse. I did and Arise and Shine cleanse and fasted then followed up with food for several months from The Cleanse Cookbook by Christine Dreher. I found most of the recipes to be tasty though I included a lot more cooked foods in my diet. I felt it was a good cleanse overall although in many ways (colon cleansing wise) hard to stomach (pardon the pun!).

Good Luck!
#4 of 4 Old 12-13-2002, 04:42 PM

As long as you continue to eat processed foods, meat, dairy and eggs you will never be "cleansed", they are all toxic to the body and the body will treat it as such. You don't need to do anything drastic or eat or drink weird things, the body knows what to do and how to do it. You just need to give it the right stuff. Just stop eating processed foods, meat, dairy and eggs (also vegan meats). Become vegan over night. Your body will eliminate all the toxic stuff on its own after a while and safely. A lot of people do 1 24-hour fast a week. They have a light fruit breakfast in the am, and nothing but water till the next am when they have a light fruit breakfast again.

But then I'm also the freak ild of the board, I think I'm the only vegan raw foodist here, so what do I know?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page