Gorgonzola recipes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-16-2002, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone got any?

I love this cheese and usually eat it in sandwiches or my homemade version of a salad that I get at a restaurant. It's just lettuce, tomatoes, tarragon dressing, and carmelized pecans. It's yummy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2002, 03:56 PM

I love gorgonzola, too.

Do you ever toss dried cherries and/or fresh pear into your salads? Mmmm...

It doesn't mention your status on the food chain in your post, so I hope I'm not making you nauseous with this idea, but:

Season chicken breast or a crosswise slice of pork tenderloin with salt, pepper, thyme, paprika. Pound (between two sheets of plastic wrap) until fairly thin. Top with gorgonzola, along with anything else you like. (I go for chopped, sauteed mushrooms, walnuts, dried cherries, or artichokes, roasted red bell peppers... asparagus would be nice, some people might like crumbled bacon, whatever your happy flavors are) Roll up to form a roulade, and tie or toothpick closed. Preheat a heavy skillet, brown quicly on all sides. Finish cooking in a slow oven. (Deglaze your skillet afterward with wine. Add fresh garlic, more thyme and a little cold butter at the end for a nice, quick pan jus to pour over the roulade)

I just happen to like apples, and I am not afraid of snakes. ~Ani d.
These dolls and toys confuse me so; Confound it all, I love it, though!~J. Skellington
Old 12-17-2002, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

I haven't ever put pears or cherries in that salad. I've heard of recipes that do that but I've never tried it.

Thanks for the recipe I'll have to try it! I do eat chicken and fish but no red meat.

P.S. Love your Jack Skellington quote, he's awesome!
Old 12-17-2002, 10:04 PM

I love this Pasta! Red onions, gorgonzola, garlic, and a bit of olive oil. Sautee onions and garlic add cooked pasta ( rigatoni goes well ) and toss in gorgonzola! It's yummy!!!! Too bad I can't have any DS doesn't tolerate lactose I also like it with string beans. I bake the string beans with olive oil and gorgonzola! This one is good too! At least I know someone is enjoying Gorgonzola!

Old 12-22-2002, 12:14 AM

Here is my fav (not vegetarian)

Pound boneless skinless chicken breasts fairly thin.

Place "smooth" side down, salt/pepper each one then top each breast with baby spinach leaves, sprinkle with gorgonzola then another layer of spinach. press down firmly. Roll each breast into cylanders and secure with tooth picks. Then roll each cylander in flour.

Add 1-2 tbs oil (more or less depending on the number of breasts you are cooking) to a large skillet and heat over med/high heat. Once oil is hot but not smoking brown the rolled breasts on each side. Use tongs to turn them since the tooth picks will be in the way.

Once chicken breasts are brown add 1/4 cup chicken broth and 1/4 cup dry white wine to the pan (again more or less depending on how many you are cooking) cover and cook until the chicken is done and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and boil sauce until recuced and slightly thickened. Pour sauce over breasts. Serve with wild rice or a good bread for soaking up the sauce and a salad.

For you busy working moms like me, I prepare the chicken breasts up to the flouring point the night before. The when I get home all I have to do is roll in flour and cook. Yummy!

edited 'cause I just can't type!

Pardon me while I puke.gif

User Tag List