Candida Diet - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 01-05-2002, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had terrible gas during my pregnancy. It began on the day of conception, and lasted till the day I gave birth, with times that were worse, and times that were better. When my daughter was about a year old, the gas came back and brought friends. Patches of raised red itchy, then scaly skin showed up on my face around my eyes, mouth, and forehead. Also a patch of poison ivy I had on my hand didn't go away for months and has now assumed the same symptoms as the rest 4 months later.

From what I've read, this is a case of Candidiastis.

I've read a lot about this condition, and it seems there were many factors of my life that caused this, including pregnancy, which is listed as a causal factor in the books I've read.

My diet is healthy, I eat all whole organic foods, free range poultry, and fish-no red meat or pork. My diet was pretty high in unrefined sugars, dried fruit, etc, which is a cause of candida, but since I've learned about it, I have stopped eating all sugars, fruits, nuts and most grains.

The patches of skin eruptions have calmed down, lost their redness, and seem to be getting better, but I can't seem to get rid of my gas. It goes away for a few days, then returns. I am eating a very strict "candida diet", rich in dark leafy greens, cooked veggies, no beets or carrots, eating yogurt, oat bran, and taking all the recommended supplements: probiotics, vitamin Bs, biotin, folic acid, calcium, zinc, magnesium, pau d'arco tea, clove tea, huge ammounts of garlic, flax oil, etc....I'm doing all the right things, and the gas is still flaring up.

It was getting better for a while, the patches of skin were almost gone, the gas was less, but still rearing up occasionally. Then I made cookies for my husband's coworkers and had to taste them to make sure they were good. I had four cookies over the space of two days, and it was like I was back at the begining again, all progress wiped out, my face became as bad as ever, and the gas was terrible.

It is getting very discouraging. I love to eat, and this diet is wearing on me, and I'm not seeing the results I would like. I've been on the diet for about a month. I wondered if anyone could help me with this. I also went to a Naturopath who tried Chinese 5 elements herbals to help, they didn't really.

The other factor is I am still breastfeeding, so, as with pregnancy, I can't do things that are too cleansing ie:cleansing herbal treatments. Also, my daughter is putting an additional caloric, nutritional pull on me. I am a student at a Naturopathic school, and I study herbs, iridology, and will become a Naturopath myself. You'd think I would nip this thing in the bud, but it is so tenacious.

Anybody have words of wisdom? I'd settle for words of support!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page