frozen carob covered banana pops - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-17-2003, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone! Haven't been in this forum for awhile, and miss it.

I'm trying to get my toddler to eat fruits, which he won't do in any form right now. But I betcha he would eat a carob covered frozen banana.

Do you think it's okay to give a 19 month old carob? I researched it a little today, and couldn't find the actual nutritional stats & breakdown, but it looked pretty healthy, and caffeine-free.

Does anyone have a recipe for frozen carob-covered banana pops?
#2 of 5 Old 01-19-2003, 05:47 PM

oh, darn! I thought you had one! (sounds good)
#3 of 5 Old 01-19-2003, 07:11 PM

My DD now 28 months LOVES her carob chips. No recipe, here. I usually just keep some carob chips in the fridge for her snacks. Sometimes alone, sometimes with raisins, or yogurt.

I've also made her carob brownies using carob powder and a recipe from Cythia Lair's Feeding the whole family.

They are rich in calcium. Carob can be slightly laxative if eaten in large quantities.
#4 of 5 Old 01-20-2003, 12:41 PM

In my high school home ec. class we made choc. covered bananas once - here's what I rememebr!

Melt carob, peel banana, dip banana in lemon juice (or prush with lemon juice), then smear the carob on as nice as you can! Oh, for a little guy, you should cut the banana into smaller chucks too, I imagine and use some sort of sticks!

Sounds pretty bad now that I read it over, but its been a long time since high school!

good luck

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#5 of 5 Old 01-25-2003, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

Megan - thank you! I visited Down To Earth recently for the first time and got some carob chips and some carob powder. The only thing is, I've been munching on the carob chips plain!

Oh well. Anyone else?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page