Mothering Forum banner

need help feeding 16 month old

486 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  gardenmommy 
#1 ·
i am a proud mamma to a 16 mo old a 4 year old and now a 2 week old....but i am swamped and cooking less ans less please twll me what are good snacks for this age and easy lunches i need some help.....

#2 ·
nut butter sandwiches (almond, cashew...)
scrambled egg
cheese and crackers
hard boiled egg
grilled cheese sandwich
sandwich with turkey or ham
pizza (homemade is easy with some kind of bread- english muffin, tortilla, whatever- some tomato sauce and cheese)

#3 ·
pasta shapes that little hands can pick up
soft pieces of fruit (like ripe pear, banana, mango, etc.)
applesauce
yogurt
whole grain crackers
bite-size pieces of soft meats
quartered grapes
sliced olives
avocados
baked sweet potatoes (very easy: scrub, slice in quarters, top with butter, and bake until soft)
sliced apples
smoothies (can pack a lot of nutrition in those, quick to make, put it in a sippy cup with the valve removed, or let him experiment with a straw)
pita wedges

#4 ·
Bless your heart! I have a 16 month old and 4 1/2 year old and feel overwhelmed very often, I couldn't imagine adding a baby to the mix. Some of this is repeats of what the pp's have mentioned but Joe's favorites are:

Grilled cheese (I also add a slice or two of turkey or ham depending on if the sandwich is being shared with me or the older boy).
Boiled eggs, cut in bite sized chunks.
Well cooked vegetables and soft fruits cut into bite sized pieces (carrot, peas, green beans, beets, potatoes, banana, ripe pears, he does not care for citrus)
Dry cereals
Pasta with cheese or tomato sauce
Vegetable soup
Small cubes of cheese
Avocado cut in chunks
Kashi TLC crackers (he loves these, won't eat any other cracker)
Guacamole
Quesadillas, really just grilled cheese on a tortilla if I have some soft meat I will add it on)
Toast with cream cheese

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.