Raw Mamas... - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 189 Old 06-30-2006, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had to go way back to page 4 to find you ladies

I don't know how to make one of those round ones work. I have one too and it gets WAY too hot for raw food. My new dehydrator came yesterday and I have yet to use it but I did just pick up some things for sprouting and am planning to make some bread in a couple of days. Wish me luck! The one I got is a 4 tray excaliber. It has temperature control but no timer so I am going to set it up on one of those timers you might use for lights on your fish tank so I wont over do it if I forget.

I haven't had any grains for almost 3 weeks so we'll see how they make me feel.

How is everyone else doing?

Laura

mom to 3 home-born children, wife to a great guy joy.gif

#182 of 189 Old 06-30-2006, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I am still mostly in the same place as I was... fruit for breaky, salads with lunch and dinner, but still eating more cooked stuff than I would like.

I think it is emotional eating for me though, when I am eating because I am feeling grumpy or whatever, I crave all the bad things like bread, sugar, chocolate and stuff.

I love the idea of making new raw recipes every week to keep it interesting. One thing that is holding me back is my blender jug broke and I have to get a new one - it is much easier to eat more raw when I can make smoothies and almond milk and stuff.

BC Mum of three ('05, '07, '11 and #4 coming May '14!)    jumpers.gif  belly.gif 

#183 of 189 Old 07-28-2006, 04:30 PM

Hey everyone, just wanted to mention that I'm starting a new raw blog on my LJ. There isn't much up there yet, but I'm going to put up my weekly menus, recipes, log what I eat, how I make it, etc. I hope to update it every day. I'm really trying to make a commitment to getting back on track. I eat waaaay too much fat right now and my food combining isn't so great lately.

So if you're interested in following along, drop a note here:

http://wtchywmyn.livejournal.com/12156.html

Cheers!

Beth
#184 of 189 Old 07-28-2006, 05:09 PM

ok, i'll preface this by saying i havent read this whole thread, lol

ok, we had a family at church, the kids were raised 100% raw until they had all their teeth (something linking getting your teeth to how mature your digestive tract is- cant remember it all, but it was interesting) and mom and dad were mostlyraw- it was a vegan whole foods diet, and they had maybe 1 cooked meal a day....
anyway, i was very interested in their ways of doing things, i enjoyed whatever they made when at their house for dinner, or something they brought to a church pot luck, stuff like that. i dont think i want to go fully raw, but i am interested in going partially...we're military, and theyre gone now, so i cant ask them anymore, so i was hoping someone could post me links of info and recipes. i just got a dehydrator, and im interested in the crackers and stuff too(had something similar before, there are a couple of families who are partially raw now).... im in germany, and my commissary is tiny, and i dont have a car, so not too much shopping on the economy, so i think sprouting might be out- ive seen unroasted sunflower seeds, but thats really it, but any information you have, im willing to read-thanks

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007
#185 of 189 Old 07-31-2006, 09:33 AM
Mab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof

So if you're interested in following along, drop a note here:

http://wtchywmyn.livejournal.com/12156.html

Cheers!

Beth
leaving a note
#186 of 189 Old 08-21-2006, 12:53 AM

I am still raw too, now for 9 months with one two week falling off the wagon. Right now I am trying to eliminate dehydrated or other processed stuff like oil, and salt. But don't worry about those if you just starting, because they help you to transition from cooked.
#187 of 189 Old 08-21-2006, 12:20 PM

Still here too! I'm taking my first un-cooking class in less than two weeks...woo hoo!
#188 of 189 Old 08-24-2006, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyhaugh
ok, i'll preface this by saying i havent read this whole thread, lol

ok, we had a family at church, the kids were raised 100% raw until they had all their teeth (something linking getting your teeth to how mature your digestive tract is- cant remember it all, but it was interesting) and mom and dad were mostly raw- it was a vegan whole foods diet, and they had maybe 1 cooked meal a day....
anyway, i was very interested in their ways of doing things, i enjoyed whatever they made when at their house for dinner, or something they brought to a church pot luck, stuff like that. i dont think i want to go fully raw, but i am interested in going partially...we're military, and theyre gone now, so i cant ask them anymore, so i was hoping someone could post me links of info and recipes. i just got a dehydrator, and im interested in the crackers and stuff too(had something similar before, there are a couple of families who are partially raw now).... im in germany, and my commissary is tiny, and i dont have a car, so not too much shopping on the economy, so i think sprouting might be out- ive seen unroasted sunflower seeds, but thats really it, but any information you have, im willing to read-thanks

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007
#189 of 189 Old 08-24-2006, 10:29 PM

www.fromsadtoraw.com www.rawfoodtalk.com www.welikeitraw.com I think those are the best for recipes (that I know of!) That's where I get alot of mine.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page