Anybody have a milk goat? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-27-2003, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been wanting to switch to goat milk, but it is terribly expensive. I have been reading about keeping and milking goats and wanted to know if there are any others out there who did this and how it goes for you and any advice.
#2 of 2 Old 01-27-2003, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We used to have goats when I was a teen, had them about 10 years.

They are really good at ruining stuff, likes trees barns ect. Ours ran on over 70 acres of land. They LOVE brush and fruit trees
Some goats have really good tasting milk, others so I would suggest you taste before buying the goat! Oh and NEVER keep a buck with your nannies, Actually, never keep a buck unless you live FAR from your neighbors or you want them to hate you.

We did love having all that milk though. And goats are very easy for children to care for

Another thing to maybe consider is there are mini cattle that are milk cows giving about a gallon a day. Will have to think of the name of them, rats I have mommy brain. One is Dexter, but I dont think thats the smallest one. Because of their small size they are very easy to care for. I think when we move to the country we will get some type of a milk cow, abet small one.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page